5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 8, 2018 6:36 AM by CLEB RSS

vProxy backup failed for VMs

mossman200

Hi

We have Networker 9.1.0.4 and have just deployed a new environment with only virtual servers, so all vProxy based backups. Two of the servers seem to be continually failing with the error 'Unable to backup virtual disk "Hard disk 1"' . From one of the servers, the logs show the following:

ERROR: [82] VDDK Error: 13: You do not have access rights to this file.

ERROR: [82] Failed to open source VMDK "[VNX02] xxxxxCCM001/xxxxxCCM001.vmdk".

ERROR: [82] "Hard disk 1": BackupVmdk: "Hard disk 1": Unable to open virtual disk "[VNX02] xxxxxCCM001/xxxxxCCM001.vmdk" in hottadd:nbd" mode.

ERROR: [82] "Hard disk 1": BackupVmdk: "Hard disk 1": Unable to open virtual disk "[VNX02] xxxxxCCM001/xxxxxCCM001.vmdk" in hotadd:nbd" mode.

ERROR: [82] "Hard disk 1": BackupVmdk: Failed backup.

ERROR: [82] Unable to backup virtual disk "Hard disk 1".

I have checked DNS entries for all components - all present and correct. I have had firewalls checked for drops - there don't appear to be any issues. There are no mentions of port 902 (I believe a similar post found port 902 to be left out between vProxy and ESX host). I have tried both hotadd only and

They are the only VMs on a particular host and both fail thus I thought it might be host related but without migrating them to another host (change control required), I have not been able to validate this.

There seem to be very few posts here on the EMC Networker forum, or responses on Google, to this type of failure (unless I am not using the correct keywords), so I hope someone can help identify the problem please..

Thanks.