3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 20, 2017 6:24 AM by bobp RSS

Performance Monitoring Software

Girevik

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with or at least knowledge of Documentum monitoring software.  Obviously Reveille is the big dog, but we need to investigate others before making a purchase.  What else is out there that might be worth looking at.  I've come across SharePath by Correlsense if anyone can provide any feedback on it, and any other suggestions would be appreciated.

We are running Linux index, content and applications servers, and the application servers use Weblogic.

• 1. Re: Performance Monitoring Software
    Michael Jiang

You may have a look BMC Patrol software.

• 2. Re: Performance Monitoring Software
    bobp

Most monitor software company's have created a link to check on docbase status.

Besides BMC Patrol software, you can look at HP Openview, IBM Tivoli are some other big ones, that I know customer are using.

If the can connect via java script for monitoring it should work.

You need to ask the monitoring vendor.

We  provide monitoring scripts that can to tied too

EMC Documentum Content Server 7.3 Administration and Configuration Guide Page 559

Monitoring scripts

Monitoring scripts are provided for Content Server, the connection broker, the Java method server,

and for the Index Agent.

The scripts must be run as the Documentum Content Server installation owner. Each script returns

success (the monitored process is running) as 0 or failure (the monitored process is stopped) as a

non-zero value.

Also in older manuals

EMC Documentum Content Server 7.2 Administration and Configuration Guide Page 499

Manual configuration steps for monitoring resources

• 3. Re: Performance Monitoring Software
    bobp

Was your question answered, please mark as answered.

or do you have any further questions?