Welcome to this Dell EMC Community Network Ask the Expert conversation. Our discussion is now open for interaction! When formulating your question please consider the following:
- Sign in or register to engage – You must login or, if you’re new, register to DECN in order to post a question, like, bookmark or follow this discussion. https://developer-content.emc.com/login/login.asp.
- Be respectful – SMEs are volunteering to assist you and will provide you with information that they have access to.
- Provide details and background – Our SMEs will try their best to provide a full answer for your satisfaction, but will appreciate as much information you can provide about your inquiry.
- Keep focus and within topic – The expectation is to receive questions about the topic is that is being presented on the title and description of this event. We would appreciate if questions are kept within those boundaries.
- Be appreciative – Many tools available for this, likes, user ratings, follow, bookmark and the good old “thank you”.
We’re delighted to know you’ve decided to join our debate and hope you receive the answers you’re eager to find.
Is there a way to ensure the AVAMAR windows server client applet restore function (AVAMAR icon in Taskbar -> Webbrowser) can handle restore of files correct on a Volume that has Deduplication enabled? We are performing all AVAMAR Windows Fileagent Backups as "Windows-Optimized-Backups" and have a local AVTAR.CMD file on all servers that use Deduplicated volumes containing the following two settings:
Unfortunately the easiest Restore for our Helpdesk based on the AVAMAR icon on the file servers does not seem to correctly restore files due to the lack of rehydration.
Is there something we missed?