About Remote Proactive team:
The Remote Proactive team, used to be called Remote Change Management, remotely handles product maintenance jobs, including code upgrade, hotfix installation, FCO/TSE etc. Our goal is to let customers get the best performance from EMC products through advance or regular maintenance. We offer a flexible, efficient and secure service for customers. There are 5 teams located geographically, namely in Egypt, Ireland, United States (California, Utah), and China (Shanghai) and we offer 24x7 customer service. The Shanghai team currently supports the English, Chinese, Korean and Japanese languages during 06:00 - 20:00 (GMT+8) from Monday to Sunday.
The advantages of Remote Proactive team:
· Experience and efficiently timed remote maintenance.
· Supports a wide range of remote maintenance services.
· Efficiently implement planned maintenance within a specific maintenance window.
· Uses proven maintenance processes and specific tools to provide a first-class customer service experience.
· Receive maintenance strategies from professional and experience technical experts.
· Receive upgrade services for installed products.
Working process and product scope:
Here is our working process.
We currently provide upgrade, maintenance and pre-work for the following products.
· Data Domain
· Unified (CLARiiON, Celerra, VNX)
If you need we provide service, you can connect us by the following methods:
1. Submit service request to pre-work system:
We can make a heath check for all requested product. According to service request, we will create CCA5 or related processes and work with you to determine the maintenance time. And then, designated engineer will complete related work. You just need to add the associated service request (SR) into the RCM Incoming queue.
2. Directly apply for CCA5&EPG (RCM Scheduler)
Please request an EMC Customer Engineer to submit an SR. You can also directly use CCA5 to submit a remote task however we can only cover our temporarily supported tasks. Symmetrix Procedure Generator (EPG) will directly guide you to RCM Scheduler interface. For other products and tasks, please contact an EMC Customer Engineer and submit SR through the RCM website.
3. Email contact:
You can also contact us by email RemoteProactive@emc.com.
We will regularly update upgrade-related issues at the Forum.
You are welcome to give us your valuable comments or suggestions so we can continue to improve the service quality.
Author: Leo Li