EMC provides a spectrum of data protection solutions depending on your RTO and RPO requirements. This Ask the Expert event focuses on new enhancements that allow you to improve data protection for business critical applications and reduce overall costs, including:
- Application Consistent Replicas:
- AppSync offers a simple, SLA-driven and self-service approach to protect virtualized Microsoft and VMware environments and now adds support for SQL Server 2008 and 2012, Exchange 2013, and VMware over NFS (File).
- Affordable Teir-1 Data Protection Capabilities:
- RecoverPoint 4.0 delivers near zero RPO and protects against both physical (remote) and operational (local) failures. Recover to ANY point-in-time to minimize data loss while reducing operational costs with Bandwidth Reduction and Synch over IP. Lower capital acquisition cost with the new Virtual RecoverPoint Appliance (vRPA).
- Continuous Operations:
- The combination of VPLEX and VNX delivers continuous active-active operations within and across data centers for VMware, Oracle RAC, and block data migrations.
- Application Uptime:
- New VNX active/active for block improves application uptime by allowing clients to access a Classic LUN simultaneously through both storage processors for improved reliability, ease-of management and improved performance.
|Parag Pathak is EMC's Sr. Product Marketing Manager for AppSync.|
|Anand Paladugu is the Product Mananger for AppSync.|
|Ely Cohen joined EMC in 2013, as Product Marketing Manager for RecoverPoint. As a team member in a number of startup companies over the years, Ely gained valuable technical knowledge, market understanding and business skills in different industries including enterprises, carriers and in the area of network management, voice and VoIP.|
|Eli Lopez is EMC's Product Manager for RecoverPoint. He joined EMC in 2010 and has expertise in NAS, VNX, and RecoverPoint.|
|Boaz Michaely is EMC's Product Manager for RecoverPoint.|
|Brian Henderson is a Corp Systems Engineer turned Marketer. He worked in Microsoft solutions, launched AppSync, and is currently working in the VNX Product Marketing with a focus on Microsoft, Data Protection, and VNXe. Check out his blog.|
This discussion will be moderated through September 16. Follow the thread in your inbox (see option on right) to receive updates!
We are including a link to this White paper in support of this discussion:
- EMC VNX Replication Technologies: An Overview
- This white paper describes the replication technologies supported by the VNX series. Data is a critical component in the operation and function of organizations. Implementing data protection methodologies enables data centers to avoid disruptions in business operations. Every data center needs to replicate data for disaster recovery (DR) and redundancy. To protect data from disasters, replication technologies that enable you to securely store multiple copies of data are needed. This white paper covers RecoverPoint, VNX Replicator, MirrorView, Symmetrix Remote Data Facility (SRDF), and VPLEX.