11 Replies Latest reply: Nov 22, 2012 8:25 PM by jainamit RSS

changing storage location

prashant_s03
Hi All,

When ever i am trying to checkin a docapp i am getting following error

Error occured during query execution :[DM_DATA_DICT_E_CODE_GENERATION_FAILURE]error: "Could not generate source or code for the dm_aggr_domain with object id '51006e908000090b'."

[DM_SYSOBJECT_E_CANT_SAVE]error: "Cannot save sysobject."

[DM_CONTENT_E_CONTENT_SAVE_FAILURE]error: "Save of content object 06006e9080023501 failed. Reason: Storage object failed to store content"

[DM_CONTENT_E_CONTENT_SAVE_FAILURE]error: "Save of content object 06006e9080023501 failed. Reason: Storage object returned NULL ticket for primary content"

[DM_STORAGE_E_CREATE_FAILED]error: "Cannot create storage file <filestore location1>

I want to change the location where it is trying to create the storage file.
I have another filestore location (filestore2), i don't know why it is not creating the storage file there.
Also, all the documents which i create goes to this another file store location(filestore2)

Please help.

Regards,

Prashant Srivastava
  • 1. Re: changing storage location
    WilliamWang
    1. Check the default filestore for dm_sysobject. Is that filestore_01 or filestore_02?

2. Find the parent object for 06006e9080023501 and check its default filestore location.

3. Make sure the filestore is not read only.

4. After you change the default filestore for a type or format, you need to run API>init,c

Hope it helps.
  • 2. Re: changing storage location
    prashant_s03
    hi, thanks for the reply

1. yes, default file stor for dm_sysobject is filestore02.
    2. it is also filestore02
    3. This filestore is not readonly
    4. when ever i am running the API init,c
    i am getting null.
    Means it has not run properly.

Please advice.
  • 3. Re: changing storage location
    prashant_s03
    hi ,

is it reinit,c.
    because this is giving ok.
    Then i have restarted the tomcat and docbase and tried again.
    But still the same error message.
    Please also note that this docapp was created in filestore01 only.
  • 4. Re: changing storage location
    jainamit

I am getting the below error:

Caused by: DfException:: THREAD: ModalContext; MSG: [DM_QUERY2_E_SAVE_AGGR_DOMAIN_FAILED]error:  "Save of type/attribute modifiers failed for type type_name.";

ERRORCODE: 100; NEXT: DfException:: THREAD: ModalContext; MSG: [DM_DATA_DICT_E_CODE_GENERATION_FAILURE]error:  "Could not generate source or code for the

dm_aggr_domain with object id '5101dfab800012d5'."; ERRORCODE: 100; NEXT: DfException:: THREAD: ModalContext; MSG: [DM_SYSOBJECT_E_CANT_SAVE]error:  "Cannot save 

sysobject."; ERRORCODE: 100; NEXT: DfException:: THREAD: ModalContext; MSG: [DM_CONTENT_E_CONTENT_SAVE_FAILURE]error:  "Save of content object 0601dfab80506287 failed.

Reason: Storage object failed to store content"; ERRORCODE: 100; NEXT: DfException:: THREAD: ModalContext; MSG: [DM_CONTENT_E_CONTENT_SAVE_FAILURE]error:  "Save of

content object 0601dfab80506287 failed. Reason: Storage object returned NULL ticket for primary content"; ERRORCODE: 100; NEXT: DfException:: THREAD: ModalContext;

MSG: [DM_STORAGE_E_CREATE_FAILED]error:  "Cannot create storage file"

Can you please assist me in this.

My old content storage is read only.

But i have pointed the dm_sysobject to my new content storage and which is writable.

But i am not able to do changes.

• 5. Re: changing storage location
    Dennis Dougherty

Are you attempting to check in as "Same Version"?  If so, change the version.

• 6. Re: changing storage location
    jainamit

I am trying to deploy one DAR, which is causing this issue.

• 7. Re: changing storage location
    bacham2

By default versions of existing documents are stored in the same filestore as the previous version. It doesn't matter if you changed the default location of dm_sysobject to another filestore.

The easiest solution is to make your original filestore writable again in case existing objects are updated (which is the case if you deploy a new version of an existing DAR).

Alternatively, you can look into Content Storage Services which allows you define more fine-grained rules. I strongly recommend the first option.

• 8. Re: changing storage location
    jainamit

We dont have option to make our file store writable. So, can you please let me know the exact way to use Content Storage services. We dont have license for Content storage services. It's more helpful if we have something else for same. Thanks in advance.

• 9. Re: changing storage location
    bacham2

You simply define an assignement policy for dm_sysobject with a custom rule: if a_storage_type = 'filestore_01' then store content in 'filestore_02'. Checkout the Content Server documentation for details.

CSS requires a license. So either you get one, or you make your original filestore writable again. No other options. You can't use a TBO since it needs to apply to the dm_sysobject type.

• 10. Re: changing storage location
    bacham2

Coincidently I came across a feature of Composer/Dardeployer that allows to set the storage area of sysobjects. Checkout the Composer 6.7 User Guide page 190. Apparently you can set an installation option -Dcom.emc.ide.installer.enableStorage. However, it requires that you set the storage area for each artifact in your project. Not something you can do with DAR delivered by Documentum.

I have never tried but you may want to give it a try.

• 11. Re: changing storage location
    jainamit

Thanks for your response. I will check this and will update the post accordingly.