8 Replies Latest reply: Nov 13, 2011 10:33 AM by Nico974 RSS

VMware datastore not showing up in SRM 5.0 on Celerra

BoB

hey,

we have a NS20 replicated to a NS-120. We are setting up SRM 5.0. i have the SRA and enablers installed. The two Celerras see each other and are paired up correctly. The replicated the LUNs are seen as well in SRM under Array managers. however, when i go to build a protection group with array based replication the datastores do not show up. can anyone help with this?

Thanks everyone.

BoB

• 1. Re: VMware datastore not showing up in SRM 5.0 on Celerra
    Jeffey

Did you finished configuring array manager on protected VC server and mapping between VC servers? what kind of error message did you received it?

• 2. Re: VMware datastore not showing up in SRM 5.0 on Celerra
    BoB

yes i did. they mapped correctly, with no errors. everything looks fine, except when i go to make a protection group.

• 3. Re: VMware datastore not showing up in SRM 5.0 on Celerra
    Jeffey

Please ensure the following information:

Celerra

NAS 5.6.36 or later

iSCSI license enabled

Snapsure license enabled

Replicator V2 license enabled

Replicator v2 for iSCSI configured between the protected site and the recovery site

File system capacity to accommodate promoted LUN

No FC LUN replication support

VMware

ESX server 3.0.2 ESX server 3.5 or ESX server 3i

Virtualcenter (VC) server version 2.5

SRM server

SRM plug-in installed on VI clients that will access the protected and recovery site

Network configuration that allows TCP connetivity between VC servers and SRM servers

An oracle or SQL server database that uses ODBC for connectivity

A SRM license installed on the VC license server

I suppose that your system didn't have a full SPA planning and design considerations. Please check it and give me your feedback.

• 4. Re: VMware datastore not showing up in SRM 5.0 on Celerra
    BoB

This system was working fine with VMware version 4.1. This has only come up with vmware version 5.0. The SRA and enables are configured just fine. In the array managers the NFS Filesystems are seen. the Celerra is on 6.0.41 DART.

• 5. Re: VMware datastore not showing up in SRM 5.0 on Celerra
    BoB

I just spoke to VMware Support. It looks like the SRA is seeing the NFS file systems, but can not see the Datastores on the file systems. They suggested that I add the NFS IP to the array config. We did that but then got an error: "Internal error: std::exception 'class Dr::Xml::XmlValidateException' "Expected element 'StoragePorts' not found"." This seems to be the root of my issues. I'm going to open a case with EMC and see what they say.

Also, we see this error in the logs:

--> 2011-10-24 13:55:16,678 [com.emc.util.net.SSHConnection]: 172.x.x.x Command result: stdout: (Error 2100: usage: nas_cel
    --> -list
    --> | -delete { <cel_name> | id=<cel_id> } [-Force]
    --> | -info { <cel_name> | id=<cel_id> }
    --> | -update { <cel_name> | id=<cel_id> }
    --> | -modify { <cel_name> | id=<cel_id> }
    --> { [-passphrase <passphrase>] [-name <new_name>] [-ip <ipaddr>] }
    --> | -create <cel_name> -ip <ipaddr> -passphrase <passphrase>
    --> | -interconnect <interconnect_options>

• 6. Re: VMware datastore not showing up in SRM 5.0 on Celerra
    Jeffey

According to the error message, I suggest that installation of the celerra replicator SRA is the point to check it, because the command of nas_cel manages the linking of the remote Celerra Network Servers to the local Celerra Network Server. nas_cel also creates the trusted relationship between source and destination Celerra Network Server Control Stations in configurations such as Celerra Replicator (V2).

• 7. Re: VMware datastore not showing up in SRM 5.0 on Celerra
    Rainer_EMC

Maybe you need to use the control station name / IP

nas_cel needs to both establish a trust between CS and create interconnects between data mover interfaces

If you look in /nas/logs you might be able to figure out what was wrong

• 8. Re: VMware datastore not showing up in SRM 5.0 on Celerra
    Nico974

Do you used aggregate port ?