3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 11, 2011 2:39 PM by ludovc RSS

Failed To Acquire .NET Web Access License - After 6.5 Upgrade

PhillipDarch

We've recently upgraded to ApplicationXtender 6.5 from 6.0 and I've come across an issue regarding the creation of new users. I'm getting an error of "Failed to acquire ApplicationXtender Web Access .NET License" when users try to sign into through the web interface.

Users have the proper groups assigned through Application Generator and I've also tried copying settings from existing users (existing users are able to connect) but i'm still plagued with this problem. Any help is appreciated.

AX Version installed is 6.50.124.

• 1. Re: Failed To Acquire .NET Web Access License - After 6.5 Upgrade
    Carlos Busca

Hi,

Just a few questions to try to figure what's going on.

-Your sistem doesn't have license groups? if it has, did you had that settings to the new users properties?

-You tried to log in with a new user and an already existing user on the same machine?

-Did you already tried to log in in the desktop version?

regards,

• 2. Re: Failed To Acquire .NET Web Access License - After 6.5 Upgrade
    PhillipDarch

Thanks for the response,

- Our ApplicationXtender system does not have any license groups configured.

- Existing users prior to the upgrade can login successfully on the same machine.

- Users experiencing problems were created post 6.5 install and only have Web Access PAL licenses assigned to them. Users that have Document Manager capabilities experience no issues with the desktop components or web components.

I've done some more investigation and it appears that it seems to be a licensing issue. We currently have a license pack of 25 set aside for Web Access and the new users cannot sign in if their are more then 12-13 users currently using the web portion of the system. Strange issue I know... Also if the new user has there built-in security within Application Generator to inherit a Document Manager license the user is able to login but will not be able to acquire a license if they are to inherit a Web Access PAL license.

LicenseServerInformation.jpg

Anymore help is appreciated.

Thanks

• 3. Re: Failed To Acquire .NET Web Access License - After 6.5 Upgrade
    ludovc

A recent 6.5 licensing patch was released. Contact Technical Support to receive the update.