1 2 3 Previous Next 38 Replies Latest reply: Apr 22, 2015 10:55 AM by RoadKing2413 RSS

Breaking the Ice

Kristine Cornwall

https://community.emc.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/102-7531-18-17182/small_ice.jpg

Welcome to the USD Community!

We want to get to know you.. now let's break the ice!

Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the community. Just copy the 3 questions below, click Reply at this end of  this message, paste the questions, answer them, and click Post  Message.

1. What will make this community most useful to you?
  2. What  do you like best about your day job?
  3. When you're not working,  what are you most likely to be doing?
  • 1. Re: Breaking the Ice
    Roxane Mody

1.     What will make this community most useful to you?

• Learning how customers are using EMCs mid-range solutions to simplify their environments.

2.     What  do you like best about your day job?

• Success in various projects.

3.     When you're not working,  what are you most likely to be doing?

• Doing something for or with my kids !
  • 2. Re: Breaking the Ice
    DevonHelms

Hello Kristine,

The site looks like its coming along nicely. Answers are below:

1. What will make this community most useful to you? I think access to experts is always a great draw and something that I think would be useful.
    2. What  do you like best about your day job? I like the speed of change in technology. It keeps me on my toes.
    3. When you're not working,  what are you most likely to be doing? Rock climbing at some desolate yet beautiful California crag.
  • 3. Re: Breaking the Ice
    Allen Ward

Hey everyone, I've been a bit delayed getting in here, but we are in the middle of a project to implement a new VMax in one of our Data Centers and that has been sucking up all my time. I'm just starting to look around, but so far I like the structure and direction I see. More feedback to come when I've had more time to look around.

As for the questions...

1. What will make this community most useful to you? I think the consolidation of information and the involvement of both the user community and various experts internal to EMC. The involvement of Engineers and Product managers is critical to keep the information flowing, and the user involvement is critical because without it... there is no reason for this space.
    2. What  do you like best about your day job? That's a loaded question. While I sometimes get frustrated with the lack of overall Storage knowledge outside "Storage circles" I think the best part is working with people who are trying to come up with complicated solutions and educating them successfully on how simple some of the right answers really can be. Now if I can just figure out how to convince them that simple is good even if it is more expensive... *lol*
    3. When you're not working,  what are you most likely to be doing? No simple answers to this question either. I love to read (mostly sci-fi/fantasy) and my home computer is for gaming, I love spending time with my family (I have a 5 year old boy) and also love spending time alone out in "nature".
  • 4. Re: Breaking the Ice
    frgilbert
    • What will make this community most useful to you?
    • It will give me a chance to make the products and services that I offer known to the rest of the community.
    • What  do you like best about your day job?
    • Since I began working in software development over 40 years ago, I have always said that if they did not pay me to do it, I would pay them to let me do it.
    • When you're not working,  what are you most likely to be doing?
    • A lot of the time, I am thinking about what I will do when I go back to working again.  If not, I am likely to be reading, listening to music or both.

• 5. Re: Breaking the Ice
    Johanv
    • What will make this community most useful to you?
      I think it will offer me a quick way to identify customers current, general and overall needs helping me out focus on the right things.
    • What  do you like best about your day job? 
      That every day offers me new challenges and allows me to be creative.
    • When you're not working,  what are you most likely to be doing?
      You would probably find me in some sportsarena watching someone of my three kids playing fotboll or handboll.
  • 6. Re: Breaking the Ice
    Kristine Cornwall

Hi Allen,

Thanks for introducing yourself.  I know you have an active presence on several other EMC communities, so I'm thrilled about your participation here.  Thank you for joining us!

Kris

• 7. Re: Breaking the Ice
    Kristine Cornwall

Hi @frgilbert,

Thanks for introducing yourself and I see that you've already posted some information on the community.  We're glad to have you here.

It's encouraging to see someone who loves their work so much they'd do it unpaid, but I, for one, won't be following in your footsteps and letting my employer know I'd pay them to let me do this work!

Kris

• 8. Re: Breaking the Ice
    shapiro_susan

Allen, so great to see you being active in this new community. For those of you new to ECN, Allen Ward is one of about 40 "EMC Community Experts" and has earned this designation for his generosity in consistently helping other members by answering questions, sharing best practices, etc. You can tell an EMC Community Expert from the small badge under their names, but you need a magnifying glass or Superman eyes to read it. Allen, we hope that you add as much value to this new Unified Storage community as you have in the EMC Support Forums, EMC Proven Professional, ControlCenter, Studio E, and probably other ECN communities and labs. Thanks for participating!

• 9. Re: Breaking the Ice
    Allen Ward

Thanks Susan, both for the welcome and for the plug for the EMC Community Expert program :-)

I've been so busy lately that I don't get as much time to spend with ECN as I would like, but this community definitely has potential for growth as long as we get good participation from both the customers and EMC employees. I'm looking forward to seeing it "take off".

• 10. Re: Breaking the Ice
    abuherra

- Will get a lot of hints and ideas from the comunity which help me on the issues that i will face.

- Everyday i learn something new even if it is very small thing.

- Watch Movies

Thanks

Mahmoud

• 11. Re: Breaking the Ice
    Kristine Cornwall

Mahmoud,

Welcome to this community. I too hope you will learn things from this community that will help you. As you start to explore the community, please feel free to share any thoughts and ideas you have for ways we can make the community better or other types of information you'd like to see. We've created a separate discussion thread specifically to collect feedback: https://community.emc.com/thread/108941

Kris

P.S. Do you have any good movie recommendations for us?

• 12. Re: Breaking the Ice
    Stefan Voss

Nice post Kristine!

1. What will make this community most useful to you? Keeping up to date on customer issues, requirements, and engeneering developments.
    2. What   do you like best about your day job? Bridging the gap between engineering and the field.
    3. When you're not working,   what are you most likely to be doing? Skiing in winter, windsurfing in summer.
  • 13. Re: Breaking the Ice
    WCrosmun
    1. What will make this community most useful to you? The chance to learn how folks are solving their problems.
    2. What  do you like best about your day job? The chance to try to improve an environment that affects lots of people.
    3. When you're not working,  what are you most likely to be doing? Reading the news. Puttering around the house. Helping my wife sell her jewelry.
  • 14. Re: Breaking the Ice
    ArshadKhan
      1. The interaction with the community here and the ability to initiate discussions and generate ideas.
      1. The challenges the technology and developing new solutions.
      1. Thinking about work!

I work in Unified Storage Solutions. We are the business arm of the solutions engineering group. Our primary responsibitlies are to identify key customer and business challenges and develop new solution opportunities and identify business growth areas. If you have solution ideas, would like to hear them from you!

1 2 3 Previous Next