5 Replies Latest reply: May 3, 2010 6:20 AM by khawar.hanif RSS

ACS URL not working - urgent

nidhi1

Hi,

Need your help in solving an ACS issue. In my application when I hit the ACS url >> it is throwing the following error: 

Also I restarted the JMS and it is running. Also the acs.properties looks fine.

exception

javax.servlet.ServletException: Servlet.init() for servlet ACS threw exception
     org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityAssociationValve.invoke(SecurityAssociationValve.java:179)
     org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.JaccContextValve.invoke(JaccContextValve.java:84)
     org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:104)
     org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.jca.CachedConnectionValve.invoke(CachedConnectionValve.java:157)
     org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:241)
     org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:844)
     org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:583)
     org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:447)
     java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

root cause

java.lang.NullPointerException
     com.documentum.acs.configuration.impl.DocbrokerProjectingTask.<init>(DocbrokerProjectingTask.java:96)
     com.documentum.acs.configuration.ConfigurationService.loadRepositoryIdentity(ConfigurationService.java:183)
     com.documentum.acs.configuration.ConfigurationService.<init>(ConfigurationService.java:139)
     com.documentum.acs.configuration.ConfigurationService.createInstance(ConfigurationService.java:24)
     com.documentum.acs.coordination.impl.ACSCoordinatorImpl.<init>(ACSCoordinatorImpl.java:415)
     com.documentum.acs.coordination.impl.ACSCoordinatorImpl.getInstance(ACSCoordinatorImpl.java:40)
     com.documentum.acs.coordination.ACSCoordinator.<init>(ACSCoordinator.java:23)
     com.documentum.acs.sdi.ACS.init(ACS.java:46)
     javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:212)....

The following is the error from the ACS logs :

06:12:40,450 ERROR [http-0.0.0.0-49980-1] org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[jboss.web].[localhost].[/ACS].[ACS] - Allocate exception for servlet ACS
        at com.documentum.acs.configuration.impl.DocbrokerProjectingTask.<init>(DocbrokerProjectingTask.java:96)
        at com.documentum.acs.configuration.ConfigurationService.loadRepositoryIdentity(ConfigurationService.java:183)
        at com.documentum.acs.configuration.ConfigurationService.<init>(ConfigurationService.java:139)
        at com.documentum.acs.configuration.ConfigurationService.createInstance(ConfigurationService.java:24)
        at com.documentum.acs.coordination.impl.ACSCoordinatorImpl.<init>(ACSCoordinatorImpl.java:415)
        at com.documentum.acs.coordination.impl.ACSCoordinatorImpl.getInstance(ACSCoordinatorImpl.java:40)
        at com.documentum.acs.coordination.ACSCoordinator.<init>(ACSCoordinator.java:23)
        at com.documentum.acs.sdi.ACS.init(ACS.java:46)
        at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:212) ....

Please let me know if you have any suggestions to resolve the issue.

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Nidhi

• 1. Re: ACS URL not working - urgent
    Uday Rajhans

Restart DocBroker, Docbase and kill any hang-up processes

Regards

Uday

• 2. Re: ACS URL not working - urgent
    nidhi1

Thanks Uday for your quick reply.

But wanted to let you know that we have a shared jboss and multiple docbases and docbroker are configured for the same ACS URL.

We tried restarting the docbroker , docbases and JMS but still it didnt helped.

Earlier we were getting the following error in the AcsServer.log but now there are no errors in it. However the acs.log is showing the same error as posted earlier.

[ACS_ERROR_PROJECTING_DOCBROKER] Failed to project ACS to docbroker -[DFC_DOCBROKER_REQUEST_FAILED] Request to Docbroker "<docbase host name>:<docbase port no>" failed

Also i checked the docbroker projections are coming up properly for the above -"<docbase host name>:<docbase port no>". I checked it through $DM_HOME/bin/dmqdocbroker getServerMap utility.

Any other suggestions on the same.

Thanks

Nidhi

• 3. Re: ACS URL not working - urgent
    khawar.hanif

Can you please check following entry in your acs.properties file if it is correct.

repository.name=<DocbaseName>.<ServerConfig Object>

Also check following entry

repository.acsconfig=<ACS object>

Also make sure you method server is running.

Or you can configure a new dockbroker and use it explicitly for ACS. But i never tested this solution.

• 4. Re: ACS URL not working - urgent
    nidhi1

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I checked the acs.properties file. It is having all the required entries that you mentioned.

Also I wanted to tell you that I have dual servers running and for both the servers.... the shared jboss ACS URL is giving error.

I checked both the server's acs.properties file and it looks fine.  Even the method server is up and running.

Also the DoMail and DoMethod links are working fine... Its just the ACS URL that is giving issues.

I am not able to debug the error as there is not much information in the logs. Attaching the error again :

ERROR [main] org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[jboss.web].[localhost].[/ACS] - Servlet /ACS threw load() exception

ERROR [http-0.0.0.0-49980-1] org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[jboss.web].[localhost].[/ACS] - StandardWrapper.Throwable
            at com.documentum.acs.configuration.impl.DocbrokerProjectingTask.<init>(DocbrokerProjectingTask.java:96)
            at com.documentum.acs.configuration.ConfigurationService.loadRepositoryIdentity(ConfigurationService.java:183)
            at com.documentum.acs.configuration.ConfigurationService.<init>(ConfigurationService.java:139)
            at com.documentum.acs.configuration.ConfigurationService.createInstance(ConfigurationService.java:24)
            at com.documentum.acs.coordination.impl.ACSCoordinatorImpl.<init>(ACSCoordinatorImpl.java:415)
            at com.documentum.acs.coordination.impl.ACSCoordinatorImpl.getInstance(ACSCoordinatorImpl.java:40)
            at com.documentum.acs.coordination.ACSCoordinator.<init>(ACSCoordinator.java:23)
            at com.documentum.acs.sdi.ACS.init(ACS.java:46)
            at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:212)
            at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1161)
            at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.allocate(StandardWrapper.java:806)
            at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:129)
            at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:175)
            at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityAssociationValve.invoke(SecurityAssociationValve.java:179)
            at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.JaccContextValve.invoke(JaccContextValve.java:84)
            at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:128)
            at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:104)
            at org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.jca.CachedConnectionValve.invoke(CachedConnectionValve.java:157)
            at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
            at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:241)
            at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:844)
            at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:583)
            at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:447)

Please let me know if anyone has anysuggestions for solving the issue.

Thanks

Nidhi

• 5. Re: ACS URL not working - urgent
    khawar.hanif

Can you try to see if your acs server is running by using this url?

http://<Content Server>:9080/ACS/servlet/ACS

Let me know?