1 2 Previous Next 24 Replies Latest reply: Jul 13, 2010 4:12 AM by Nitin Sengar RSS

Taskspace

Pradeepgaddipati

Hi,

I deploy the taskspace war file, and i am getting the login page successfully,But i am unable to login with the (windows credentials).Help me how to login into taskspace.

Thanks

Pradeep

• 1. Re: Taskspace
    trinity

Hi,

After installation you need to login with your installation owner username and password.

Thanks,

Tri

• 2. Re: Taskspace
    Johnny Gee

Also verify that the install owner is assigned to the ts_designer role if you want to create/configure Taskspace application.

• 3. Re: Taskspace
    Nitin Sengar

Hi Johnny Gee

I have configure the TaskSpace  with Tomcat on a system and trying to connect with the Content server but i am getting "Application <TaskSpace> does not exist in the repository" message on the login screen on the TaskSpace application.I have added all the information required to login in the dfc.property file.

With the same information i am able to login in the webtop application.

If the TaskSpace is not installed in the Content Server than i will install the TaskSpace application in the Content Server. I have downloaded the TaskSpace.dar but i have not found any information to install the dar application inside the content serve.

Thanks,

Nitin Sengar

• 4. Re: Taskspace
    Bart Thierens

Use DAR Installer to install Dar-files.

• 5. Re: Taskspace
    Nitin Sengar

I have tried to install TashSpace.dar using the TashSpaceDARInstaller but i am getting the the below error:-

E:\Documentum\TaskSpaceDARInstaller\TaskSpaceDARInstaller>java -Xms512m -Xmx1024
    m -cp C:\Documentum\product\6.5\install\composer\ComposerHeadless\startup.jar or
    g.eclipse.core.launcher.Main -clean -data C:\Documentum\product\6.5\install\comp
    oser\ComposerHeadless\workspace -application org.eclipse.ant.core.antRunner -bui
    ldfile installdar.xml
    Buildfile: installdar.xml

install:
         [echo] Install DAR...
         [echo] TaskSpace.dar
    [emc.installer] [INFO]  Project location: C:\Documentum\product\6.5\install\comp
    oser\ComposerHeadless\workspace\TaskSpace
    [emc.installer] Project location: C:\Documentum\product\6.5\install\composer\Com
    poserHeadless\workspace\TaskSpace
    [emc.installer] [ERROR]  Unable to install dar file E:\Documentum\TaskSpaceDARIn
    staller\TaskSpaceDARInstaller\TaskSpace.dar
    [emc.installer] com.emc.ide.installer.InstallException: Error unpacking the DAR
    file
    [emc.installer]         at com.emc.ide.installer.util.IDarInstallerHelper.unpack
    Dar(IDarInstallerHelper.java:307)

Thanks,

Nitin Sengar

• 6. Re: Taskspace
    Bart Thierens
    1. Make sure you're using the same Composer version as your content server (ie. use Composer 6.5SP2 for CS 6.5 SP2).
    2. Redownload the DAR and retry to make sure it's not corrupt.

Also, is there no further errorlog?  It's pretty vague.

• 7. Re: Taskspace
    Nitin Sengar

I have using the same version of Content Server and Composer (6.5 SP 2 Release 6.5.0.221), is it necessary to use the same version of TaskSpace.dar file.

I am using the developer edition 6.5 SP2 of the Content server by default the Composer is part of the Document Content Server app.

• 8. Re: Taskspace
    Nitin Sengar

Dear All,

Still i am not able to connect the TaskSpace app with Content Server. I have tries to configure install the TaskSpace application in the Content Server repository but i am getting the below error.

I am using the same information as i am using in the webtop application to connect with the Content Server.

install:
         [echo] Install DAR...
         [echo] TaskSpace.dar
    [emc.installer] [WARN]  An existing project 'TaskSpace' found in the workspace.
    Project will be deleted
    [emc.installer] An existing project 'TaskSpace' found in the workspace. Project will be deleted
    [emc.installer] [INFO]  Loaded existing Documentum project 'DocumentumCoreProject' (835 artifacts)
    [emc.installer] Loaded existing Documentum project 'DocumentumCoreProject' (835artifacts)
    [emc.installer] [INFO]  Project location: C:\ComposerHeadless\workspace\TaskSpace
    [emc.installer] Project location: C:\ComposerHeadless\workspace\TaskSpace
    [emc.installer] [ERROR]  Unable to install dar file E:\Documentum\TaskSpaceDARInstaller\TaskSpaceDARInstaller\TaskSpace.dar

[emc.installer] com.emc.ide.installer.InstallException: Unable to log in to docbase 'documentum' as 'dm_bof_registry' against domain 'null' (password withheld)

[emc.installer]         at com.emc.ide.installer.util.IDarInstallerHelper.doInPlaceInstall(IDarInstallerHelper.java:137)
    [emc.installer]         at com.emc.ant.installer.api.InstallerAntTask.installDar(InstallerAntTask.java:233)
    [emc.installer]         at com.emc.ant.installer.api.InstallerAntTask.execute(InstallerAntTask.java:125)
    [emc.installer]         at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:288)
    [emc.installer]         at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    [emc.installer]         at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

Thanks,

Nitin Sengar

• 9. Re: Taskspace
    Johnny Gee

Whats the url you using to access TaskSpace?  Also, you said "...I have configure the TaskSpace" - what is the name of the TaskSpace you created/configred.

• 10. Re: Taskspace
    Nitin Sengar

Hi Johnny Gee,

I have configured the TaskSpace on a seprate computer same it did for webtop. I am able to access the login screen of the TaskSpace application using the (http://192.168.10.31:8080/taskspace) url but i am not able to login into the TaskSpace application we are getting 'Application <TaskSpace> does not exist in the repository' message on the same login screen.

So i have tried to install the TaskSpace.dar but i am unabke to install the TaskSpace.dar. to install the dar file i have used 'TaskSpaceDARInstaller' app. The 'install.properties' was updated before start TaskSpaceDARInstaller (same information as found in the dfc.properties of the Content Server).

When i try to run the batch utility i am getting below exception:-

[emc.installer] com.emc.ide.installer.InstallException: Unable to log in to docbase 'documentum' as 'dm_bof_registry' against domain 'null' (password withheld)

Johnny i below queries:-

1) Do we need to install the Application Builder, Application installer, Forms Builder, Process Builder for the TaskSpace application. I am using the Documentum Developer editon of the Content Server.

2) To install the DAR file using the utility or with the Composer application.

I need you ASAP because i stuck because i need to intregare my Viewer based application with the TaskSpace. I did same configuration with the WebTop application.

Thanks,

Nitin Sengar

• 11. Re: Taskspace
    Johnny Gee

"I have configured the TaskSpace on a seprate computer same it did  for webtop."

Did you actually create TaskSpace application, this is different from deploying Taskspace WAR file or installing Taskspace DAR?

Using TaskSpace, you can create multiple taskspace application using the same Taskspace WAR file.  For example, if you create TaskSpace app called MyApplication, the url you should use is:

http://192.168.10.31:8080/taskspace/?appname=MyApplication

The base TaskSpace url (http://192.168.10.31:8080/taskspace) will give you access to the TaskSpace configuration page, not the actual Taskspace application you created.

• 12. Re: Taskspace
    Nitin Sengar

no i have not created any TaskSpace application . I am trying to connect the Taskspace application with the Content Server.I have deploying Taskspace WAR file on a seprate computer with tomcat and trying to connect with content server.

• 13. Re: Taskspace
    Johnny Gee

So you havent "configured" Taskspace application yet.  All you did was deployed WAR and are in the process of installing DAR.  I wish you said this from the beginning - it would prevented all this confusion.  If you look at error log in more detail:

"[emc.installer] com.emc.ide.installer.InstallException: Unable to log in  to docbase 'documentum' as 'dm_bof_registry' against domain 'null'  (password withheld)"

Its pretty self-explanatory.  Your credential for the bof user is NOT correct.  Did you provide the encrypted value for the bof registery user in the dfc.properties file the Taskspace app?

The easiet way to get the right values is to copy the dfc.properties file from the Content Server (normally located c:\Documentum\config) to your web app.

• 14. Re: Taskspace
    Nitin Sengar

I am using the same encrypted credential as found in the dfc.properties file of the Contnet Server. I have copied all the reruired information found in the dfc.properties file.

I am getting below message on the login screen of the TaskSpace application.

"Application <TaskSpace> does not exist in the repository"

Even I am able to connect with WebTop with the same encrypted credential

The below exception id thrown by the TaskSpace installation utility when I am trying to install TaskSpace.dar, which was download from the, powerlink.emc.com’ download center with TaskSpace.war.

"[emc.installer] com.emc.ide.installer.InstallException: Unable to log in  to docbase 'documentum' as 'dm_bof_registry' against domain 'null'  (password withheld)"

Johnny,  credential are valid because when I am trying to login with system administrator username & password I am getting "Application <TaskSpace> does not exist in the repository" message and if I am trying to login with wrong username and password then I am getting credential are not valid.

Thanks for all you help.

thanks,

Nitin

1 2 Previous Next