Find Communities by: Category | Product

How fast is the 3rd Platform advancing?

From Frank Gens, Senior Vice President and Chief Analyst at IDC: "In 2014, we'll see every major player make big investments to scale up cloud, mobile, and big data capabilities, and fiercely battle for the hearts and minds of the developers who will create the solutions driving the next two decades of IT spending. Outside the IT industry, 3rd Platform technologies will play a leading role in the disruption of almost every other industry on the planet."

One of IDC's 2014 predictions:

Social technologies will become increasingly integrated into existing enterprise applications over the next 12-18 months. In addition to being a strategic component in virtually all customer engagement and marketing strategies, data from social applications will feed the product and service development process. IDC expects enterprise social networks will become increasingly available as standard offerings from cloud services providers. This will enable enterprises to further embed social into the workflow, rather than having a separate "social layer."

Is your organization using enterprise social networks as part of new workflows? If not, do you think your company would benefit from having an enterprise social network?

Poll Results
  • Yes, my organization uses an enterprise social network. I find it very helpful. (38%)
    5/13
  • Yes, my organization uses an enterprise social network. I think it's a distraction. (15%)
    2/13
  • No, my organization does not use an enterprise social network. Having one would improve internal communications. (15%)
    2/13
  • No, my organization does not use an enterprise social network. Social network communications are not a good fit for my organization's structure. (8%)
    1/13
  • Add your own answer in the comments. (23%)
    3/13

Comments

Archive Poll

Confirm archive of How fast is the 3rd Platform advancing?

Archiving expires a poll and removes it from the active polls list.

To restore an archived poll, edit the poll, change the dates as desired, and save the poll.

Delete Poll

Warning: This will delete the poll and all of its comments.