4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 8, 2018 2:30 PM by dalewigg RSS

Unable to connect to client push deamon

dalewigg

Has anyone come across this error before in Networker 9?

Error is displayed any time i try to access the hosts tab in the gui.

Also when i try and run the nsrpush command on the server it failes "check wether the client services are running on the host."Capture.PNG.png

I have tried removing the lck files associated with the nsrcpd service but it doesnt seem to have made a difference.

When i run the nsrpush command i can see the nsrcpd service starting but it doesnt seem to be able to connect to anything.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

• 1. Re: Unable to connect to client push deamon
    bingo

"actively refusing a connection" ususally means that the NW client daemon/service is not responding.

- It could be that it has not even started

- It could have died

- It could also be a firewall issue

Try to reach the client from the server by running "nsradmin -p nsrexec -s client_name".

If this succeeds than use nsrpush.

• 2. Re: Unable to connect to client push deamon
    dalewigg

Hey Bingo,

Thanks for your reply.

I have tried running that command but it does not seem to work.

It just logs into the nsradmin prompt and i cant run anything else from there.

Not sure if this is a change in networker 9 or not.

I tried running the nsrpush command on the networker server locally with "nsrpush -i *server* to see if it could be a firewall issue. Windows firewall is disabled on the server but is still fails with the below.

Capture.PNG.png

I have also run the nsrcpd through the command prompt and get a heap of errors as below that just keep scrolling through.

Capture.PNG.png

To me it kind of seems like a database has been corrupted somewhere

I'm fast running out of ideas as the server has already been rebooted so if its an issue with the service itself it seems there may be a bigger issue.

Thanks

Dale

• 3. Re: Unable to connect to client push deamon
    dalewigg

After some more troubleshooting i have managed to get it semi working.

The main issue now is that the nsrpush command does not seem to be able to start nsrcpd correctly.

If i have the nsrcpd manually running in cmd nsrpush will work perfect.

However when i just run nsrpush solo i can see the nsrcpd start in the processes but it dies pretty much straight away with the same closed by remote host error as before.