This session was introduction to VNXe. Because VNXe 3150 was released day before this session was only covering VNXe 3100 and 3300. Here is a quick overview of VNXe 3150.
I wanted to join this session to see my fellow Expert Matthew Brender present and also to jump in to discussion after the session. Matt did a good job with this session and kept the presentation simple but then again went deeper when technical questions were asked.
Most of the topics covered in this session can also be found on VNXe product site.
As a summary here is some of the VNXe highlights:
- On single SP both block and file
- Single or dual SP
- 3100 has low price point if HA is not a major factor
- 3300 for higher performance
- Backup battery in the SP
- Active/Active SPs
- Vault on SSD
- First four disks used for keeping the operating environment copy
- Build in best practises
- Automatic host discovery when using vCenter
- VMware integration
- VAAI support only for NFS
- Supports VSI