1) see if this helps
2) restarting Navisphere Management service does not help ? (http://spa/setup)
3) Are these hosts listed in Connectivity Status ? Get into engineering mode (Ctrl+Shift+F12 ..contact EMC for password - edit by Glen) and see if you can purge them.
Message was edited by: Glen Kelley
1) Unbinding the remaining LUN's is still not happening. Once in engineering mode, I do see a "~physical" storage group which all of the locked LUNs belong to. Any effort to remove the LUN's from the storage group produces a new error "Results from call to remove LUN(s) from storage group:SP A: Special storage group cannot be modified., SP B: Special storage group cannot be modified.
Where:EV_ScsiPipe::_sendCommand() - Sense Data , EV_ScsiPipe::_sendCommand() - Sense Data
Who:@(#)libconnect Revision 6.19.01.02.06 for NT-4.0 on 10/03/2005 15:25:45, @(#)libconnect Revision 6.19.01.02.06 for NT-4.0 on 10/03/2005 15:25:45
Trying to unbind still results in the "Being used by a feature of the storage system" error message. All of the LUN's show up in the "Unowned LUNs" group. Thanks for the help and I'll keep searching.
2) I've restarted the Management service, the Storage Processors etc. The missing DAE's finally went away in Navisphere. I now think that maybe one DAE is mis-identified. Bus 1 Enclosure 1 shows a number of drives missing and failed but in reality it's full of drives and looks to be functioning normally.
3) I was able to clear the hosts from the Connectivity Status dialog. They are now gone.
OK, tried the cli that you recommended. Results for all of LUN's that throw the "Being used by a feature of the storage system" are;
Listed Driver: K10SnapCopyAdmin
I tried the command "-Scope 0 setfeature -off -feature sancopy -lun 1"
Didn't produce any errors at the command line but when I run the first command again it still shows Listed Driver: K10SnapCopyAdmin
As for the Bus 1 Enclosure 1 looking odd. The cables were not plugged in correctly. Plugged them in to the correct ports on the DAE and that enclosure looks fine now.
I tried that too.
-Scope 0 setfeature -off -feature rm -lun 6
Command not Supported
After running -Scope 0 setfeature -off -feature sancopy -lun 6
Event viewer on SB B shows
'setfeature' called by 'me' (my-IP) with result: Success (Navisphere CLI command: )
so it appears that sancopy does get stopped. The problem is that if I run it again a few minutes later, it says the same thing.
Thanks again for your ideas. I'll continue to search for a solution. Is it your understanding that a process (K10SnapCopyAdmin) has a lock on those LUNs and that is preventing their modification? That's kind of the way I see it.
I'm just getting back to this. I'm not sure how to remove the enablers. Would this be done through Navisphere? I see the ability to uninstall various software packages in there. In the meantime, I was able to connect to the system using EMCRemote. Just looking through the Windows logs I see some things that may be helpful in determining what has a lock on those LUNs. This one in particular comes up every so often;
Event Type: Information
Event Source: Clones
Event Category: (1235)
Event ID: 277
Time: 5:25:57 PM
Clone Group quiesce LU request.
I see all of the software applications installed in "Program Files\EMC" through EMCRemote. Is there something that I can kill through here to try and release the lock on the LUNs? For example there are activate.bat and deactivate.bat files under nearly every application. I also have access to services, task manager and regedit.
I've been away for awhile. I wanted to follow up and close the thread. I removed SanCopy and that did not remove the lock. I then removed SnapView and that lifted the lock. I was then able to delete the unowned luns. Now the funny thing is that SnapView is still available and appears to be usable in Navisphere. The SnapView I removed was listed near the bottom of the list by itself as "-SnapView" with no version info listed. SnapView is still listed with version info further up the list. In any case I'm thrilled. Thanks for all of your help! I now have a usable SAN.