Find Communities by: Category | Product

Currently Being Moderated

Ask the Expert: Measure the Operating Expense Savings Possible with Software-Defined Storage Automation and Management

Description

Cloud computing models with on-demand provisioning help data centers meet customers’ desire to self-service their IT needs. These models enable organizations to integrate legacy back-end infrastructure with software-defined service technologies to deliver storage, as well as compute, and network resources on-demand.  The benefits may seem self-evident but it’s the real measurements in time and operating expense (OPEX) savings that can be the tipping point when considering new automation technologies or the status quo. Data center managers ask:

• What will be my people and time savings with storage automation and management?
  • How will automation impact my change management expense?
  • What will tighter integration with cloud stacks net me in reducing my operating costs?

Join this event to get a better understanding about the factors that go into calculating the OPEX savings possible from reductions in data center storage administrative time and effort. Learn about the cost-savings realized from storage automation and management as documented in a hands-on study by industry-analysts Principled Technologies, and how to apply this methodology to calculate the potential savings for your organization.

Subject matter experts for this ATE will be:

John McMains - Chief Executive Officer - Principled Technologies, Inc.

Dan Norton - Director of Product Management - EMC

Vinay Narayana - Director, Software Engineering, ViPR - EMC

This discussion will take place from April 6th - 17th on this space: Ask the Expert: Measure the Operating Expense Savings Possible with Software-Defined Storage Automation and Management

Click on "RSVP to this event" (top right of this invitation) to confirm your attendance and receive updates.

Share this event on Twitter or LinkedIn:

>> Ask the Expert: Measure the Operating Expense Savings Possible with Software-Defined Storage Automation and Management http://bit.ly/1Oas9xf #EMCATE <<

When and Where

• Start Time:

4/6/15 6:00 AM PST (America/Los_Angeles)
  • End Time:

4/17/15 2:00 PM PST (America/Los_Angeles)
    ViPR Community on ECN

Event Info

• Event Visibility & Attendance Policy:

Open

Comments

More Like This