The supported method to perform an NDU is via Navisphere Service Taskbar.
The method below can be used to perform NDU if NST failed.
1. Before proceeding CLARiiON Technical Support should check the array, in order to see if any faults would cause this NDU to fail.
A list of checks that should be performed before an NDU.
2. Check whether any existing packages need to be committed before you proceed
naviseccli -h <SPA-IP> ndu -list
3. Disable statistics logging, which would otherwise cause a failure of one of the NDU rules
naviseccli h <SPA-IP> setstats -off
4. Remove the status of any previous NDU before you begin
naviseccli h <SPA-IP> ndu -status -clear
5. Executes the preinstallation validation checks
naviseccli -h <SPA-IP> ndu -runrules
6. Install the software
naviseccli -h <SPA-IP> ndu -install filename.pbu -delay 360
If the rules are passed, then a prompt will appear to confirm whether you with to proceed.
Check all of the package names are correct, before confirming the NDU.
After the confirmation, the NDU will continue automatically, but the CLI will return to the command prompt.
7. Check the status of the NDU, but care should be taken not to interfere with any windows being opened by the NDU process on that SP
naviseccli -h <SPA-IP> ndu -status
8. After the NDU a commit will be necessary according to the standard NDU procedure and this can be done from CLI or Navisphere Manager.
naviseccli -h <SPA-IP> ndu -commit mypackage
9. To return to the previous revision of an installed storage-system driver
naviseccli -h <SPA-IP> ndu -revert mypackage -delay 360