|Article Number: 535965||Article Version: 2||Article Type: How To|
VPLEX Series,VPLEX Local,VPLEX Metro,VPLEX for All Flash,VPLEX VS2,VPLEX VS6,VPLEX GeoSynchrony 6.1,VPLEX GeoSynchrony 6.1 Patch 1,VPLEX GeoSynchrony 6.1 Patch 2
A VPLEX license file can be installed on GeoSynchrony 6.1 and higher through the Unisphere for VPLEX GUI or through the VPLEX CLI interface. Previous GeoSynchrony versions used a different licensing scheme so this knowledgebase article would not be applicable for code levels prior to 6.1.x.
Note: If you need to obtain a license file, open a licensing service request to do so.
To install a license file through the Unisphere for VPLEX GUI:
2. From the license menu select "Install License".
3. From the Install License page select "Browse" button to browse to the location of the .lic file.
To install a license file from the CLI:
2. Login to the management server using the service account and enter the VPLEX CLI.
3. From the VPLEX CLI use the "license install -l <path/to/filename.lic>" command to install the license file.
4. The license file can then be displayed using the "license show" command.
Feature Name VPLEX_LOCAL_CAPACITY
Issued Date Tue Apr 16 00:00:00 UTC 2019
Expiry Date None
Notice ACTIVATED TO License Site Number: xxxxxxxx
UOM Code CA
UOM Name Registered Capacity in TB
Product Line VPLEX
Capacity 10 <<< note this is the capacity of the licenses installed
Capacity Unit TB
Usage 8.9 <<< this is how much of the capacity that has been used
Usage Unit TB
For more information please refer to the "Using the Unisphere GUI to perform digital licensing" section of the VPLEX GeoSynchrony 6.1 Administration Guide.