| Article Number: 529288 || Article Version: 5 || Article Type: Break Fix |
EMC PowerPath Viewer version 18.104.22.168 installed on Windows server.
When trying to add a Windows server to PowerPath Viewer (PPV), it fails and you receive the following message:
To address this issue:
- First check that port 9083 is open from the server side to the PPV Management server.
- If the port is open and you still receive the above error, you must connect to the server you are trying to add to the PPV.
- Open the software "Management Component Configuration".
- A new window will be opened, in which V should be marked with the Enable PowerPath Management Component.
- Click OK and then connect to the PPV server and try adding the server.