| Article Number: 530703 || Article Version: 2 || Article Type: How To |
PURPOSE: Determining the current alerts on the Data Domain and clearing the alerts manually using command line and Web Interface.
- All Data Domain Systems
- All Software Releases
There are transient alerts on the Data Domain or we may need to clear the alerts manually before proceeding with the DDOS upgrade as it is recommended to not have any alert on the Data Domain before proceeding with the DDOS upgrade activity.
SOLUTION USING DD CLI:
- Connect to the DDOS command line through SSH or the serial console.
- Verify the list of current alerts: # alerts show current
- Clear the alert manually by running the command #alerts clear alert-id <alert-id-list>
- Further syntax instructions are in the command reference guide: https://support.emc.com/docu78753_Data_Domain_Operating_System_6.0_Command_Reference_Guide.pdf?language=en_US&source=Coveo
- Verify the alerts have successfully been cleared by again checking the current alerts: # alerts show current
- You can view the status of the cleared alert in the alerts history by running the command #alerts show history
SOLUTION USING DD Web Interface/GUI:
- Connect to the DDOS Web Interface/GUI through browsere.
- To view all of the current alerts, select Health > Alerts > Current Alerts.
- To limit the number of entries in the current alert list, do the following.
a. In the Filter By area, select a Severity and Class to expose only alerts that
pertain to those choices.
b. Click Update.
All alerts not matching the Severity and Class are removed from the list.
- To display additional information for a specific alert in the Details area, click the
alert in the list.
- Further syntax instructions are in the command reference guide: https://support.emc.com/docu78746_Data_Domain_Operating_System_6.0_Administration_Guide.pdf?language=en_US&source=Coveo
- To clear an alert, select the alert checkbox in the list and click Clear. A cleared alert no longer appears in the current alerts list, but it can be found in
the alerts history list.
- To remove filtering and return to the full listing of current alerts, click Reset.