Centera Console Environment and system requirements in the host machine
Supported platforms for Console Server
- An NTFS partition is required, supported operating systems are:
• Windows 2000 Server SP4
• Windows XP Pro SP3
• Windows XP Pro x64 Edition SP3
• Windows 2003 Server R2 SE SP2
• Windows 2003 Server x64 Edition SP2
• Windows 2008 Server
• Windows Vista Business SP1
- VMware ESX Server 3 hosting one of the supported Windows Operating Systems as listed above
- Windows Server Virtualization (HyperV) hosting one of the supported Windows Operating Systems as listed above
Note: The Apache Tomcat service that is part of Console Server should not host applications other than EMC Centera Console.
Minimum system requirements for Console Server
Minimum system requirements are:
- 1 GB RAM unless installed on a system with EMC Control Cente
Note: If installing on a platform with EMC Control Center, Console requires an additional 500 MB of RAM.
- 8 GB Disk Space
Note: 8 GB covers 1 year of historical data for 4 clusters. Scale your available disk space to meet your needs. To help determine disk space requirements, consider the following factors in your planning estimations:
- Archive space: Centera Console provides the ability to store its historical database on the Archive Cluster.
To safely calculate the amount of disk space required to archive approximately a year of monitoring, use the following formula:
(N * 2) * 2 + (N * 2) * 0.04 = GB
The following calculation determines a requirement of 40.8 GB of disk space to monitor 10 clusters for a year:
(10 * 2) * 2 + (10 * 2) * 0.04 = 40.8 GB
- Storage: You can store the Console database on any NAS or SAN data storage system.
Recommended system requirements for Console Client
Recommended system requirements are:
- Internet Explorer 7.x or 8.x
- Mozilla Firefox 2.x or 3.x
- Java2 Runtime Environment, v1.5.x
Note: EMC Centera Console does not fully support Microsoft Java Virtual Machine (JVM). EMC recommends using Sun JVM as the Java plugin.
Supported CentraStar versions
This release of EMC Centera Console supports clusters running CentraStar versions 3.x up to the latest CentraStar version (currently 4.1).
Note: EMC Centera Console does not support any version of CentraStar prior to v3.0.
For more details please refer to Setup Guide P/N 300-004-442 REV A03