Dell EMC Networking Virtual Edge Platform 1405 family can be quoted and accept orders. Fulfilment is on extended lead time
Region: All ; Segments: All
Dell EMC Networking is pleased to announce the RTS (with extended lead time) of the Dell EMC Virtual Edge Platform 1405 (VEP1405) family of access products. The VEP1405 Series is an ideal access platform for SD-WAN, and can also serve as a high-value uCPE platform to host VNFs (virtual networking functions). This new line in the VEP family complements the higher performance VEP4600.
Expected stocking dates :
What’s Important to Know About Dell EMC VEP 1405 Series?
The VEP1405 series is a platform purpose-built for next generation access deployments. The VEP1405 is a value designed Universal CPE (uCPE); and is ideal for hosting SD-WAN and other VNFs (Virtual Network Functions) like routing, firewall or deep-packet inspection. Ideal for the SP Edge and Enterprise Branch, the VEP1405 is a fixed desktop form factor device, with optional rack mount kit. The 1405 family uses the Intel® Atom® C-3000 x86-based processor which is optimized for value, lower power consumption and multiple core options. There are 3 models of the VEP1405 series: VEP1425 (4 cores), VEP1445 (8 cores), VEP1485 (16 cores)
- Purpose Built:The Dell EMC Networking Virtual Edge Platform is optimized to host VNFs (Virtual Network Functions) and is ideal for SD-WAN. The fixed form factor is perfect for the service provider edge or enterprise branch, where high-value, low power, compact form factor, and configuration options are design considerations.
- Future Ready: When coupled with partner uCPE software, the VEP1405 family is future ready to add multiple VNFs without a forklift upgrade.
- Validated Choice: The VEP1405 brings you simplified deployment and maximum choice with validated hardware and software options.
- Multiple configurations offer choices in cores, storage, and memory
- Preloaded on VEP1405 - Versa FlexVNF, licenses
- Available as validated build and on Dell EMC price list - ADVA Ensemble Connector, will be added to VMware vSphere Hardware Compatibility List shortly after RTS.
- Partners who have validated their software on the VEP1405 - Ekinops OneAccess, RAD vCPE OS
- Also runs CentOS, Debian and other major versions of Linux
- Widely available around the world with Dell EMC’s world-class supply chain
- Validation accelerates time to revenue; and reduces deployment risks.
For more information, please contact the Dell Technologies sales team or your regional Partner Account Manager.