|Article Number: 519046||Article Version: 3||Article Type: Break Fix|
ViPR SRM 4.2,ViPR SRM 4.0,ViPR SRM 4.0.2,ViPR SRM 4.0.3,ViPR SRM 3.7,ViPR SRM 3.7 SP1,ViPR SRM 3.7 SP2,ViPR SRM
- After upgrading SRM to a newer version, Some servers can't be added with the following error "Unable to reach configured server. This Could also be a firewall issue; please check its configuration if applicable"
- Ping is Successful
- nslookup between FQDN, IP and Hostname is successful for the server
- Telnet failed from Frontend to problematic server on port 48443
- However, Telnet is successful from Frontend to problematic server on port 22 (This means that telnet is enabled and there is an issue with port 48443 communication)
- Telnet is successful from Frontend to an added server on port 48443
- Telnet is successful from problematic collector to Frontend on port 48443
- On the problematic host, port 48443 wasn't found in apg.custom file found in the following directory /etc/sysconfig/SuSEfirewall2.d/services
- After upgrading to newer SRM version, Some firewall ports for vApp installations were disabled
To enable firewall on port 48443, please follow the below steps:
1- Open a putty session to the problematic server.
2- Go to the following directory: /usr/sbin
3- Type the following command: ./enable_firewall_port.sh TCP 48443
4- Check apg.custom file found in the following directory /etc/sysconfig/SuSEfirewall2.d/services and ensure port 48443 is added in TCP ports list