|Article Number: 517862||Article Version: 3||Article Type: Break Fix|
ViPR SRM,ViPR SRM 4.1,ViPR SRM 4.2,ViPR SRM 4.0,ViPR SRM 3.7,ViPR SRM 4.0.3,ViPR SRM 4.0.2,ViPR SRM 4.0.1,ViPR SRM 3.7 SP1,ViPR SRM 3.7 SP2
- After fresh installation of ViPR SRM 4.2, Topology mapping for all arrays are not showing any data and the following message is seen:
"No data found for xxxx. Please check the data collection"
- On all collectors a very huge number of queue backlogs are seen (https://<Collector host FQDN/IP>:48443/Backends/Topology-Mapping-Service/Default/services/mapping/outgoing-queue)
<outgoing-queue snapshot="2018-02-15T12:54:13.625+01:00"><service id="de59ce74-ab10-4709-989b-57e1f9e3dxxx" name="https://xxxxx:48443/Backends/Topology-Service/Default" backlog="500"/></outgoing-queue>
- When trying to force re-sync Topology using the following url (https://<Collector host FQDN/IP>:48443/Backends/Topology-Mapping-Service/Default/services/mapping/outgoing-queue/force-sync/tmsconfig), the below error was seen:
Triggering a resync is not possibleHTTP ERROR: 500Problem accessing /services/mapping/outgoing-queue/force-sync/tmsconfig. Reason:cannot request resync for tmsconfig
- The file tmsconfig.xml in the following path opt/APG/Backends/Topology-Mapping-Service/Default/conf is pointing to the Primary Backend host on all collectors Correctly.
- The Topology configuration and webservice gateway in the data collection instance of all solution packs point to the Primary Backend FQDN.
- The below errors can be seen in the collection logs of Solution packs:
WARNING -- [2018-02-15 14:45:25 CET] -- AccessorManager::fetchDataFromAccessors(): Could not fetch data from one of the accessor. Backup data will be used instead of the data from the accesssors' PTF file 'recoverpoint-repltech.csv'.com.watch4net.apg.v2.collector.plugins.propertytaggingfilter.accessor.AccessorException: Sparql query execution failed using all known endpoints: https://localhost:48443/Backends/Topology-Service/Default(including last endpoint exception)Caused by: org.apache.http.client.HttpResponseException:
WARNING -- [2018-02-14 10:42:21 CET] -- AccessorManager::fetchDataFromAccessors(): Could not fetch data from one of the accessor. Backup data will be used instead of the data from the accesssors' PTF file 'vvol-sl-tagging.csv'.com.watch4net.apg.v2.collector.plugins.propertytaggingfilter.accessor.AccessorException: Sparql query execution failed using all known endpoints: https://localhost:48443/Backends/Topology-Service/Default(including last endpoint exception) at com.watch4net.apg.module.plugin.service.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:155)Caused by: org.apache.http.client.HttpResponseException:
- Also, the below errors can bee seen repeatedly on the collectors topology-mapping-service log file:
2018-02-13T22:17:54.235+0100 WARN [Publisher:de59ce74-ab10-4709-989b-57e1f9e3dfxx] com.emc.srm.topology.processor.splitter.FilePublisherWorker cannot perform handshakecom.emc.srm.topology.processor.ProcessorException: cannot get remote composite versionCaused by: com.emc.srm.topology.client.accessor.HttpStatusException: HTTP status code 403 received from <https://CollectorFQDN:48443/Backends/Topology-Service/Default/ha/composite-version> ... 2 common frames omitted
- The Ports 2050, 48443, and 58083 are open with no firewall blocking communication.
- The errors in the solution pack data collection shows that, The collector is attempting to communicate with the Topology-Service On localhost which is the Collector Host and not Primary Back-end FQDN which is Wrong.
- Same applies to the errors in topology-mapping-service log that tries to communicate with the Topology-Service On Collector FQDN and not Primary Back-end host which is also Wrong
- Although we have checked the config and made sure that its configured correctly, Those Configurations are not in Effect.
- Re-check tmsconfig.xml file configuration and make sure that its pointing to Primary Backend FQDN.
- Re-check Topology configuration and webservice gateway in the data collection instance of all solution packs is pointing to the Primary Backend FQDN.
- If the above configuration was set correctly and SRM can't read them, Please follow the below steps to resolve the issue:
1- Open a putty session to the collector host.
2- Navigate to the following directory -> /opt/APG/bin
3- Enter the following command to update all services on the collector -> ./manage-modules.sh service update all
4- After all the services are updated, Start services again by entering the following command -> ./manage-modules.sh service start all
5- Ensure that all services are started by entering the following command -> ./manage-modules.sh service status all
6- Repeat the above steps on all Collector hosts.