| Article Number: 503684 || Article Version: 3 || Article Type: Break Fix |
Unisphere for VMAX 8.4,Unisphere for VMAX
Unisphere for VMAX: "You are not an Administrator on the following Symmetrix arrays. To gain Administrator access to these array(s), contact the appropriate administrator(s) to have the permission for your user added"
Error: "No symms were found"
When running "symauth -sid xxx list -users", seen Admin role for C:VMAX\smc
Perform the below steps:
Add role to smc user, See step# 3
If that doesn't help, Reboot the host.
- Backup your "symauth" database: symauth -sid xx backup -f <filename for the backup>
- Create a file with "assign user smc to role admin;" (minus the quotes), save the file with a name like: add-user-smc
- Run: symauth -sid xxx -f <name of file> commit
- Stop SMAS (consult the Unisphere install guide)
- List stordaemon's and note (stordaemon list)
- Shutdown daemons (stordaemon shutdown all -immediate)
- symcfg discover
- Check what daemons had started (stordaemon list), and start ones that need to run per notes (stordaemon start storXXXX)
- Start SMAS (consult the Unisphere install guide)