|Article Number: 524225||Article Version: 6||Article Type: How To|
ViPR Controller Controller 3.6,ViPR Controller
Procedure to migrate a VIPR Controller managed ESX cluster to a new vCenter and retain the same volumes/ExportGroup.
1. Switch off auto-discovery for vCenter within the ViPR-C UI.
Method 2 : Disable discovery in ViPR Controller by updating both vCenters with the wrong credentials.
(ViPR Controller UI > Physical > vCenters)
This prevents discovery from running while the customer is moving hosts/cluster to the new vCenter.
2. In a vSphere client, migrate the cluster/hosts from the original (source) vCenter & configure on the target vCenter (using the same cluster name as the original).
3. Use viprcli commands to align the ESX hosts to the new target vCenter and VirtualDataCenter:
viprcli host update -hl "Hostname" -ndc "new_vCenterDataCenter" -vc "new_vCenter"
4. Configure the cluster in ViPR Controller to align with the target Datacenter & vCenter:
viprcli cluster update -name "clustername" -dc "old_vCenterDataCenter" -vc "Old_vCenter" -ndc "new_vCenterDataCenter" -nvc "new_vCenter"
5. Enable discoveries in VIPR Controller again (reversal of Step 1).
6. No actionable events related to the migration should be generated as the VIPR-C DB has been modified to reflect the changes.