Hardware: All Celerra Products
Software: NAS code 220.127.116.11 and later
How to enable SMB2 on a Celerra Data Mover
Use the following command:
server_cifs server_2 -add security=NT,dialect=SMB2
The Celerra will still negotiate the protocol version with the client. If the client does not support SMB2, it will be used SMB1.
Note: Hosts that support SMB2 are Windows 2008, Windows Vista, and Windows 7.
Some of the features introduced by SMB2 are:
- Support for more concurrent open files and number of shares
- Better transaction support
- Client Side Encryption
- Support for symbolic links
- Support for compounding operations, resulting in less overhead traffic
- Support for larger buffer sizes
Please, refer to Microsoft's documentation for more details regarding the SMB2 protocol.