|Article Number: 494972||Article Version: 2||Article Type: How To|
VPLEX Series,VPLEX Local,VPLEX Metro,VPLEX VS2,VPLEX VS6,VPLEX GeoSynchrony
This procedure can be deployed by Dell EMC Services personnel only. Servicing Partners do not have access to this procedure.
This procedure can be found in Solve Desktop Procedure Generator at the following location:
VPlex -> VPLEX procedures -> Installation and Upgrade procedures -> Upgrade cluster hardware to next generation (VS2 to VS6)
** NOTE **
If SolVe Desktop is required, please use https://support.emc.com/kb/304270 for installation.
KB https://support.emc.com/kb/494841 also provides specific details when generating VPlex procedures using SolVe Desktop.
The following options are available;
- Upgrade VPlex Local configuration
- Upgrade VPlex Metro configuration
- Upgrade VS2 with dual engines to VS6 with single engine Local
- Upgrade VS2 with dual engines to VS6 with single engine Metro
- GenU Configuration Worksheet