This is a hub of information designed for potential consumers of REST API where we have tried to put all the relevant examples and documentation in one place to allow easy access.
If you're starting out using RESTAPI or need to find more information we have compiled a list of categories that you may find useful.
- Introduction to REST API https://community.emc.com/people/PaulCork/blog/2016/08/12/time-for-a-rest
- Unisphere for RESTAPI Client - https://community.emc.com/docs/DOC-46344
- Change Log - Unisphere for PowerMax 9.0 REST API Change Log.docx
This is a library showing some of the functionality possible using the REST API of Dell EMC's Unisphere for PowerMax..
Here are some specific examples that have been contributed by our customers both external and internal.
https://github.com/cocampbe/ansible-univmax Ansible modules to perform tasks on VMAX arrays using the Unisphere RESTAPI.
https://github.com/rawstorage/dellemcpmax_ansible Ansible modules to perform Provisoning and Replication tasks on VMAX arrays using the Unisphere RESTAPI.
https://github.com/dtonnesen/vmaxvro PowerMax Plugin for vRealize Orchestrator
https://github.com/stevenctong/vmax_monitoring PowerMax Monitoring using InfluxDB and Grafana
https://github.com/nctiggy/VMAX-Graphite Push PowerMax metric's to Graphite effortlessly
Discussions and Blog Posts
- Introduction to RESTAPI - EMC Unisphere for VMAX Rest API - YouTube
- Automate the Enterprise with REST API - Automate the Enterprise with REST API - YouTube
REST API Concepts and Programmer's Guide 9.0 https://www.emc.com/collateral/TechnicalDocument/docu88876.pdf
If you have any suggestions as to what examples or content you would like to see please reach out and we will do our best to help.