|Article Number: 503695||Article Version: 3||Article Type: How To|
NetWorker,NetWorker 9.1,NetWorker 9.1.1,NetWorker 9.2
The NetWorker VMware Protection (NVP) integration is configured with the vProxy appliance. There is no procedure to automatically update the vProxy appliance version. To update the vProxy appliance, you must delete the currently deployed vProxy from NMC and vCenter, and then deploy and register the new vProxy appliance on the same vCenter.
1) Gather the following information about the vProxy appliance:
- DNS servers' IP addresses
- DNS suffix
- Default Gateway
- Location in vCenter
3) Log in to the vCenter server by using the vSphere Client and remove the vProxy VM from the vCenter by powering off the VM and then deleting the vProxy.
4) Deploy the new vProxy appliance and configure the network settings, as described in the "Deploy the vProxy appliance" section of the Dell EMC NetWorker VMware Integration Guide.
5) Add the newly deployed vProxy appliance to the NetWorker server and configure the appliance, as described in the "Configuring the vProxy in NetWorker" section of the Dell EMC NetWorker VMware Integration Guide.
6) After vProxy appliance registration completes, verify that a valid certificate appears in the NMC vProxy Properties.
For your convenience, all of our product documentation is available for download on the Dell EMC support web site in PDF format. When you log in to the EMC support web site simply select the "Support by Product" tab and enter "NetWorker" in the "Find a Product by Name" field. Once on the NetWorker product page, select the Documentation link to display the Documentation for NetWorker. Here is the direct link to the Dell EMC NetWorker VMware Integration Guide:
NetWorker 9.1.x VMware Integration Guide: