Article Number: 499643 Article Version: 3 Article Type: Break Fix
RecoverPoint for Virtual Machines
Issue (impact on customer):
Unable to finish protecting vAppliance due to error stating "Create an appliance Linux root password" must be configured
Impacted Configuration & Settings:
RP4VM replicating vAppliances
Impact on RP:
RP cannot finish replicating vAppliance until the vApp options are populated on the replica VM.
Symptoms found in the logs:
When protecting vAppliance the following error will show on the vSphere GUI that stops the protection process:
"Property 'Create an appliance Linux root password' must be configured for the VM to power on."
"Property 'Initial root password' must be configured for the VM to power on."
RP does not support replicating vApp properties which stops the copy vAppliance from powering on
- Deploy the OVF of the vAppliance to be replicated at the DR side and configure the vApp options.
- When protecting the vAppliance have it replicate to an existing VM and select the VM that was deployed in the previous step.
- Protect the vAppliance allowing RP to auto provision the copy.
- When the error stating the replica VM cannot power on occurs, manually select the VM, edit its settings, and apply the vApp options as they are configured on production.
- Allow for replication to complete, enter image access on the DR copy to confirm everything is working correctly.