VPLEX: Possible data inconsistency, stuck I/O and director firmware crashes when using Distributed RAID1 (DR1) or remote devices greater than 16T, which may result in potential data loss or data unavailability

Article Number: ETA 517158

Article Title and Link for Registered Users: VPLEX: Possible data inconsistency, stuck I/O and director firmware crashes when using Distributed RAID1 (DR1s) or remote devices greater than 16T

Affected Product(s): VPLEX Series,VPLEX VS2,VPLEX VS6,VPLEX Metro,VPLEX GeoSynchrony 6.0 Service Pack 1 Patch 1,VPLEX GeoSynchrony 6.0 Service Pack 1 Patch 2,VPLEX GeoSynchrony 6.0 Service Pack 1 Patch 4,VPLEX GeoSynchrony 6.0 Service Pack 1 Patch 5,VPLEX GeoSynchrony 6.0 Service Pack 1 Patch 6

Article Summary: Starting in GeoSynchrony 6.0 Service Pack 1 Patch 1 (6.0 SP1 P1) and later, when a block count is at 16T, or greater, capacity there is problem with the function that handles the calculation of the block count and when an I/O comes in and tries to read or write to the volume that exceeds the 16T capacity the action cannot happen. This affects only those volumes that are Distributed and/or remotely exported devices.

Article Last Updated: 15 February 2018
Please note that this abstract is machine-generated. Registered users should click the above link to view the entire knowledge article from Dell EMC Online Support, otherwise please contact Dell EMC Customer Service for further assistance.