We have learned a lot from our partner and customer engagements about what is required to win in the hybrid cloud market. We know it requires turnkey Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Container as a Service (CaaS) offers and outcomes. It also calls for infrastructure that is massively simplified and built on hyper-converged. And for Dell Technologies, it requires alignment across the offer, go-to-market, and customer experience—essentially providing one face to our channel partners, customers and marketplace.
To that end, we are proud to announce that Dell EMC, VMware and Pivotal are collaborating on fully integrated hybrid cloud offers that are complete, compelling, and simple. This unified Dell Technologies approach to cloud—100% aligned across our senior leadership—highlights a shift in direction to a new cloud strategy.
I strongly encourage you to take the time to read the information below. When it comes to this strategy, you will find that clarity, simplicity, and a common voice is very powerful!
VMware Ready System (VRS) and Pivotal Ready System (PRS) will run exclusively on VMware-aligned HCI offers from Dell EMC.
- VRS for IaaS will run on VxRack SDDC
- PRS for PaaS/CaaS will run on VxRail
As such, we are refocusing investments away from Enterprise Hybrid Cloud (EHC) to the new VMware Ready System and from Native Hybrid Cloud (NHC) to the new Pivotal Ready System.
What is the impact of this change?
Enterprise Hybrid Cloud (EHC) will no longer be sold to new customers, effective immediately. However, campaigns in flight will be jointly assessed and approved on an individual basis by our sales leadership team.
- For New opportunities lead with VMware Ready Systems which is the Dell Technologies aligned offer (targeted for 1HCY18) when possible. Or as always, you can sell a custom cloud using Dell EMC, VMware or your own Consulting Services and Dell EMC converged, hyper-converged or component infrastructure to meet unique customer requirements.
- Transitioning In-flight Campaigns: While this is the end for new EHC and NHC campaigns, for existing, in-flight opportunities, you should speak to your account manager to determine if the campaign meets the requirements for an exception.
- Existing EHC customers: We will continue to support existing EHC customers through the end of 2019 with capacity expansions until January 2019, allowing them to make a smooth transition to the VMware Ready System.
Native Hybrid Cloud (NHC) will have no changes in the short term.
- If you have an active campaign,
Please note that VMware Ready System and Pivotal Ready System are our Dell Technologies aligned offers, but you can always sell infrastructure (including server/network/Storage, VxBlock, VxRack FLEX) for any custom cloud project including, but not limited to VMware’s stack.
We trust you share our excitement in this evolution of our cloud strategy! If you have any questions, please reach out to your Dell EMC account manager.