Welcome to your VxRail Site Preparedness Enablement site!
This site has been developed in an effort to ensure that when your VxRail Appliance hits your raised floor, your environment, and our Project Team, will be ready to expedite its’ implementation. You will find detailed how-to guides, best practice procedures, and more on what needs to be defined and created to ensure a successful deployment. Please note that at any time you need help with your site preparation, Dell EMC is here to help!
Most of our customers who are touching this site, may have either finalized their purchase, or are in the planning stage of their first VxRail Appliance deployment so there are numerous avenues to garner additional support before your Design & Implementation (D&I) team gets assigned to you. Please review a couple of the support options available to you below:
Site Readiness Support:
- Reach out to your Sales Engineer or Account Manager
- Network Configuration Help?
- Talk to your Sales team about our various network service offerings to help with your Switch Configuration and more…
- Dell EMC courses:
- VxRail Appliance Overview
- VxRail Appliance Technical Overview (Free)
- VxRail Appliance Administration and Management
- VxRail Appliance Customer Replaceable Units and Upgrades (Free)
VMware Virtualization – vSphere Training: Install, Configure, Manage [6.5]:
- There are some steps you can take now, before the Dell EMC Services Team arrives on site, to ensure a smooth and efficient VxRail deployment. Join Xpert crew members Shannon Champion and Jason Marques as they walk you through basics on physical site prep, networking, licensing, and vCenter.
- The Dell EMC VxRail Appliance Security Configuration Guide for 4.5.x & 4.7.x provides users an overview of security configuration settings for the VxRail Appliance and best practices for using those settings to ensure secure operation of the product.
- RecoverPoint for VMs provides a comprehensive data protection solution for enterprise and commercial customers, providing integrated business continuity and disaster recovery solutions to recover application data to any point in time. This guide provides an overview of the security provisions and settings available in RecoverPoint for VMs, particularly of the operating system and the network.
- Dell EMC Online Support is the gateway to MyService360TM and your personalized, proactive, predictive support experience. Online Support offers advanced tools and capabilities that empower you to quickly and proactively resolve technical questions and manage and optimize your legacy EMC environment. Access global technical support professionals and repositories of knowledge and expertise - 24x7. Resources include product-specific information, software license activation, Service Request creation and management, self-help tools, downloads, and technical support via Live Chat.
- Please download the attached Support Site Registration Guide for details on how to do this very important step: Once registered, download our MOBILE App for support on the go.
o A high level “checklist” that will provide you with an overall understanding of what is needed for site readiness to ensure the success of your impending project.
o This planning guide discusses guidance for the various vCenter Server deployment options supported on VxRail Appliances
o This is a planning and consideration guide for VxRail Appliances. It can be used to better understand the networking required for VxRail implementation.
o The Pre-Engagement Questionnaire (PEQ) will allow you to start populating various details about your contact details, your site, as well as some initial requests for IP addressing, sizing, and more that will be needed to complete your VxRail project. If you have any questions about the material, or what is needed to deploy VxRail, please contact our VxRail Account Manager, Sales Engineer (SE), or your vArchitect for additional support.
PEQ - Partner Lead Deployment Notes:
For Partners with a VxRail Deployment Competency there is no need to submit your PEQ via the PM Submission button, as you will need to work directly with your Partner's Design and Implementation (D&I) Project Manager and Solution Architect to finalize on your site specific technical details.