This collection of frequently asked questions applies to upgrading IsilonSD Edge.
What does the IsilonSD Edge upgrade process involve?
Upgrading IsilonSD Edge involves upgrading an IsilonSD Edge license, upgrading to a later version of the OneFS operating system on an IsilonSD cluster, or upgrading IsilonSD Management Server.
- You can upgrade a FREE license of IsilonSD Edge to a supported license type, that is, EDGE or EDGE-FLEX license.
- You can download the IsilonSD Edge installation package and then extract and reinstall the latest OneFS build image on the IsilonSD cluster. The upgrade process follows the same workflow as that of upgrading the physical OneFS clusters. For detailed information, see the OneFS Upgrade Planning and Process Guide.
- You can upgrade to a later version of IsilonSD Management Server through the RPM package manager utility. For instructions, see the version-appropriate IsilonSD Edge With IsilonSD Management Server Installation and Administration Guide.
What are the supported upgrade paths based on your licenses?
- If you have configured a FREE license with IsilonSD Management Server versions 1.0.2 or later to deploy your IsilonSD cluster, upgrade to an EDGE or EDGE-FLEX license depending on how you have deployed the cluster using the free license.
- If you have configured a free license with IsilonSD Management Server versions 1.0.0 and 1.0.1, you can upgrade to an EDGE license.
If I have a cluster deployed using MS 1.0.0 and 1.0.1, what happens to my cluster after upgrading the IsilonSD Management Server to 1.0.2 or later?
- After upgrading the IsilonSD Management Server to 1.0.2 or later, you can continue to use the IsilonSD clusters deployed using the previous versions of the management server successfully.
Where can I find all the details about upgrading IsilonSD Edge?
See the version-appropriate of IsilonSD Edge With IsilonSD Management Server Installation and Administration Guide for the relevant details. The guides can be accessed from the IsilonSD Edge - Isilon Info Hub page.