Enterprise Hybrid Cloud
Enterprise Hybrid Cloud: 3.1 Business group creation "custom work flow" failed due to ViPR export group issue
- Customer had two sites, site A and site B.
- Custom workflow was failing when provisioned by hosts on Site A.
- It was verified that no underlying issue with the storage (VNX)
The issue was with ViPR storage automation where "Create VMFS datastore" task fails at vCenter level due to which business group creation "Custom Work flow" was consistently failing from vRA portal. Perform for the below steps to mark the LUNs as perennially reserved:
- Change the RDM attribute by marking the LUNs as perennially reserved at ESXi and rescan the VMFS
- Changing the subscription limit in ViPR for capacity_tenant_pool, workflow moved in next step