Customer has made a change to the service profile under UCS and now would like to re-adopt the service using the Service Adoption Utility (SAU).
The customers database has been loaded locally in a lab environment for verification and configuration items are known prior to running through this procedure.To re-adopt the service using the Service Adoption Utility (SAU)a set of procedure needs to be executed.
- The database is backed up on a regular basis, but to be sure you have a current backup.
- Launch the SAU utility – https://<UIM_IP>/slm/sau
- Go into the UI and Click on the Service Planning tab
- Go back to SAU and click on Next and Find Services
- Select the isolation Zone proper for the environment
- All the servers (#2c above) should be part of the Adoption - Next
- Discovery in Progress Screen takes a while – once complete, click on Next
- Select Services for Adoption – at the bottom fill in the following information
- Adoption Succeeded – Right Click Launch UIM/P – open link in a new tab
- Service Planning tab will show the old service offering <original name> and the new one <original name>_NEW
- Service Management tab will show the service name <original name> with activation status = Active and Status = Pending
- Click on the *_NEW service offering – click on edit