This is a hub of information designed for potential consumers of REST API where we have tried to put all the relevant examples and documentation in one place to allow easy access.
If you're starting out using RESTAPI or need to find more information we have compiled a list of categories that you may find useful.
- Introduction to REST API https://community.emc.com/people/PaulCork/blog/2016/08/12/time-for-a-rest
- Unisphere for RESTAPI Client - https://community.emc.com/docs/DOC-46344
- Change Log - Unisphere-for-VMAX-8.4.0-REST-API-Change-Log.pdf
This is a library showing some of the functionality possible using the REST API of Dell EMC's Unisphere for VMAX.
Here are some specific examples that have been contributed by our customers both external and internal.
https://github.com/cocampbe/ansible-univmax Ansible Solution on VMAX
https://github.com/rawstorage/dellemcpmax_ansible Ansible modules to perform Provisoning and Replication tasks on VMAX arrays using the Unisphere RESTAPI.
https://github.com/dtonnesen/vmaxvro VMAX Plugin for vRealize Orchestrator
https://github.com/stevenctong/vmax_monitoring VMAX Monitoring using InfluxDB & Grafana
https://github.com/nctiggy/VMAX-Graphite Push VMAX Metrics to Graphite effortlessly.
Discussions and Blog Posts
- Introduction to RESTAPI - EMC Unisphere for VMAX Rest API - YouTube
- Automate the Enterprise with REST API - Automate the Enterprise with REST API - YouTube
REST API Concepts and Programmer's Guide 8.4 - https://support.emc.com/docu84144_Unisphere-for-VMAX-8.4.0-REST-API-Concepts-and-Programmer
If you have any suggestions as to what examples or content you would like to see please reach out and we will do our best to help.