CLARiiON CX4 Series
CLARiiON CX3 Ultrascale Series
- Array/System fault LED is On
- No Device fault LED is found to be On
- The fault LED for the SPS is not On
- Write cache may be disabled
- SPS shows 'Unknown Config' or 'Cabling status is unknown' after an SPS is replaced or after a Battery Test occurs.
- SPS physical inspection shows no faults, the green LED is on, indicating it is not faulted.
- The Standby Power Supply (SPS) cabling is confirmed to be correct.
Standby Power Supply (SPS) cabling status can be incorrectly marked as faulted if an SPS transitions to battery-on-line while being tested.
A workaround exists for this issue but intervention from EMC technical support personnel is required. Contact the EMC Customer Support Center or your service representative for technical assistance and quote this solution ID. Please be aware that a step of the process may include an SP reboot, depending on the model of the array and the type of components involved.
A permanent fix involves an upgrade of the Flare code.
For a detailed step by step resolution please refer to EMC Support Solution. https://support.emc.com/kb/464842