Everything VMware at EMC Online User Community
Terms & Conditions
Hello and welcome to the VMware/EMC Online User Community! Here, VMware and EMC users may exchange information, ask questions, and comment on their experiences with our products.
Although these Terms and Conditions are somewhat of a technicality, they are essentially no different from the “classroom rules” every kindergarten teacher writes on the chalk-board on the first day of school. (Although in this case they are wrapped in legal jargon…if only things were as simple as they were back then.)
These Terms and Conditions, like those “classroom rules,” help create a friendly and safe environment for the community members to express their opinions, ask questions, and exchange information. They aren’t intended to restrict or prevent members from contributing to the community, but rather promote and encourage positive collaboration and interactions between members.
So please, before you get started, for the kindergarten teachers around the world, please read and accept these Terms and Conditions…aka The Everything VMware at EMC Online User Community “classroom rules.”
Description of the Everything VMware Online User Community
The Everything VMware Online User Community is a site where members can exchange information, questions and comments with each other regarding developing with EMC platforms and technologies. The VMware Online User Community is provided on an AS IS and AS AVAILABLE basis. EMC reserves the right to modify, suspend or terminate the VMware Online User Community and your use or access to the VMware Online User Community with or without notice. EMC will not be liable to you or any third-party for any modification, suspension, or termination of the VMware Online User Community or termination of your access to the VMware Online User Community.
You must be at least thirteen (13) years old to use and participate in the VMwareOnline User Community. You must provide current, accurate, and complete information about yourself that may be required as part of the account creation process and/or continued use and participation in the VMwareOnline User Community. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your VMware Online User Community password and account, and are entirely responsible for any and all activities that occur under your account. You must maintain and promptly update any account information provided to EMC to keep it accurate, current and complete. EMC reserves the right to refuse access to the VMware Online User Community to anyone at any time without notice for any reason.
You agree to abide by VMware Online User Community Guidelines outlined below.
EMC does not claim ownership of any content or materials you post, upload, submit or otherwise provide to EMC and assume no responsibility of any kind with respect to such materials. All such content or materials are deemed be provided on a non-confidential basis and by providing such content, you grant EMC and all other users of the VMware Online User Community an irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, nonexclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, adapt and publish such content or materials. You represent and warrant that you either own or have the necessary rights in the contents or materials placed in the VMware Online User Community, to grant EMC and other users of the VMware Online User Community the rights and licenses contained herein.
If EMC and its subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, agents, and employees should incur any liability to a third party arising out of or in any way related to your use of the VMware Online User Community, you agree to indemnify and hold EMC free and harmless from any such liability, and from all loss, claims, costs, demands, debts and causes of action in connection therewith, including reasonable attorneys fees.
Everthing VMware at EMC Online User Community Participation Guidelines
The VMware Online User Community is a site at which members may exchange information, questions and comments with each other. EMC representatives will monitor the VMware Online User Community and respond to questions as appropriate. EMC postings reflect the perspectives and opinions of the VMware Online User Community moderator(s), and in some cases may not represent the corporate positions and policies of EMC or VMware, Inc. In any event, postings by EMC employees should not be considered official support from either Companies.
Specific Guidelines for Use
• Participants must not engage in any illegal conduct in the VMware Online User Community. In particular, you cannot post, publish, or distribute any defamatory, obscene, infringing or other unlawful material or information in the VMware Online User Community.
• Please treat others on the VMware Online User Community as you would expect them to treat you. Personal attacks or any type of "flaming" of other Community members will not be tolerated. Participants who "talk trash” about another user may be banned from the VMware Online User Community. Please also refrain from "trolling", i.e. posting topics or opinions that are designed to provoke a negative response from one or more specific users.
• Keep offensive language to a minimum. If you have any doubts about whether a particular statement might be considered offensive by other users, please do not post it. You do not need to use profanity to get your point across to other users.
• Do not engage in disruptive activity, such as persistent off-topic postings or comments, or statements that might incite other users to violate these guidelines or participate in illegal activities.
• Do not post messages or upload files that contain photos, software or other material protected by intellectual property laws, rights of privacy or publicity, or any other applicable law unless you own or have rights to these materials. EMC is not responsible for the use of anything you say or post in the VMware Online User Community.
• Do not post any instructions, software or other materials that would allow Community users or third parties to harm other users' computers or to inappropriately access software or websites.
• You are not permitted to post any computer programs that contain destructive features, such as viruses, worms or Trojan horses. In addition, you cannot employ any type of bots for the use of scrolling, showing multiple screens, or other activities that might disrupt online communication.