In 2015, VCE introduced the Converged Infrastructure (CI) Starter Kit campaign, which enabled Partners to offer specially discounted Vblock configurations to target net new accounts.
This campaign successfully generated new business and profits for many partners, and to further capitalize on its success, we are excited to announce the next iteration of this program: The VCE™ CI Starter Promotions.
The CI Starter Promotions—effective as of July 15, 2016, are introductory pricing offers for new customers looking to adopt converged and hyper-converged systems. They lower barriers to entry and ease adoption for new customers with very attractive pricing discounts. As a result, they are ideal for customers evaluating converged systems to consolidate mixed workloads, lower latency, and increase performance and capacity.
Key enhancements with the CI Starter Promotions
For those of you familiar with the original CI Starter Kits, we have made some changes with the new CI Starter Promotions to further expand on the market opportunity with your customers. Key enhancements include:
- More flexible configurations: We have moved to a percentage discount off of list price vs. a fixed configuration model
- Expanded product offerings: The CI Starter Promotions encompass additional EMC products, including Unity All Flash and VxRack System Flex 1000
- Opportunity for DPS discounts: There is the option to bundle a CI Starter Promotion with Data Protection Solutions (DPS) for better pricing (PLEASE NOTE: This is not a program requirement)
Please note the following in terms of program eligibility:
- CI Starter Promotions are available globally as of July 15, 2016
- The CI Starter Promotions for Vblock® and VxBlock® System 350 and 540 are available to new VCE customers only
- The CI Starter Promotion for the VxRack Flex 1000 is available to all customers
- You are required to order VCE D&I Services if not VCE Certified on V(x)Block 350 and 540 or VxRack. If certified, you can deliver the D&I
- In order to qualify for the discounts, you must register the deal through the VCE Partner Portal by selecting “CI Starter Kit” from the “Product Family” dropdown
For more information
There are several assets available to help you drive the CI Starter Promotions with your customers, including a customer and partner-facing presentation, an FAQ, and a customer-facing infographic. Please visit the resources below to access these materials.