EMC IsilonSD Edge is supported on all of the VMware Virtual SAN compatible systems that meet the minimum deployment requirements and are built with Virtual SAN-certified components. You can identify the compatible systems through the following procedure.
- Browse to the VMware Compatibility Guide
- Select Virtual SAN in the What are you looking for field.
- Refer to the Ready Node Profile section to determine the approximate configuration that meets your needs.
- Select ESXi 5.5 as the host and the other attributes depending on your workload profile as described in the Virtual SAN Hardware Quick Reference Guide.
- Click Update and View Results.
- From the list of available Virtual SAN-supported platforms and approximate configurations, select the systems that are configurable to meet the IsilonSD Edge minimum deployment requirements, and include enterprise-quality disk drives.
A few recommended systems include Dell PowerEdge R720, HP Proliant DL380p, and Supermicro XPRO-2887R, as these systems have been tested extensively.
- Populate the selected systems with Virtual SAN-certified components (pre-validated HDDs or SSDs) that meet the IsilonSD Edge minimum deployment requirement.