NOTE: This topic is part of the Uptime Information Hub.
OneFS 7.0.x will reach the end of its service life on November 30, 2015. If you are running OneFS 7.0.x, and you’re considering upgrading, we encourage you to upgrade to the latest Target Code release in the OneFS 7.2.0 family.
For a list of recommended OneFS Target Code versions and release notes, see the Target Code table on the Uptime Information Hub landing page.
Upgrading to OneFS Target Code
OneFS Target Code is a version of OneFS that has proven, through extensive use in the field, to surpass even the high bar set for all OneFS releases, meeting stringent criteria such as a minimum number of runtime hours, the number of clusters that the code is installed on, and clusters that have every licensed OneFS feature enabled.
If you are running a OneFS 7.0 version, we encourage you to upgrade to a Target Code version of OneFS prior to November 30, 2015. If you need assistance at any point in the upgrade, contact EMC Isilon Technical Support or your account team.
After November 30, 2015, if you call Support to open a case, you will be directed to upgrade to a supported OneFS family. Support might still triage your issue, but only on a limited basis, and no patches will be offered or available.
Learn about your upgrade path
To learn more about recommended OneFS versions and your upgrade options, see the following resources:
- For a list of recommended OneFS versions and release notes, see Current Isilon Software Releases.
- For information about the support and service life cycle dates for EMC Isilon hardware and software, see the Isilon Product Availability Guide.
- For upgrade path information, see the Isilon Supportability and Compatibility Guide.
- To successfully plan for an perform a OneFS upgrade, you must follow the procedures detailed in the OneFS Upgrade Planning and Process Guide.
- For more information about OneFS 7.2, the newest release of OneFS that addresses the convergence of Big Data and Enterprise IT, visit the Isilon OneFS Operating System webpage.