Un/Official Meetups of EMC World 2015

Helping get this rolling... ping or leave a note to get something added! [Also, you can try using my submission form... yes, it goes to a Cisco page because I, Lauren, have a vovici account. Yay.]

Note - Type of event should have been more quantized:

• Meetup - Technical Convo
  • Private - Ask Around
  • Private - Everyone is invited but please RSVP
  • Public - INVITE ALL THE PEOPLE!
  • Other: Ok, special snowflake. Tell us.

Thursday & Friday (Apr 30, May 1) - @Lauren already in town because Interop.

NameTimeWhereType of EventKey Contact

What should everyone know abt your event?

Thursday: AA Flight from DUS-LHR-DFW-LAS7:20AM CEST- 4:24PM PDTIn the air mostlySpecial Snowflake@50muLooong flight
Thursday Happy hour4-6PM PDTPublic house, LuxorPublic@DBAstorageBe happy
Thursday dinner and catch up6-7PM - max 10PM PDTSomewhere on the strip between Luxor and VenetianPrivate (RSVP to decide where)@50muJust a decent dinner and a drink and probably going to bed early to get that 9 hour jet lag out of the way
Friday: late breakfast, early lunch11AM PDT or soPrivate (RSVP)@50mutoday is called "let's get rid of that jet lag day"
Friday: taking it easythe whole dayPrivate (RSVP)@50mua day at the pool, a walk through Caesar's palace shops or the Venetian canals, whatever
Friday evening dinner6-7PM - max 10PM PDTPrivate (RSVP)@50muRelax with good food, a cocktail or a beer afterwards and a friendly chat
Die-hard Friday8AM - 8PM PDTin a car visiting sites?Private (RSVP)@50muRent a car and go out there to see some interesting sites. Who's in for a little adventure?

Saturday & Sunday (May 2, 3)

Saturday: British Airways Flight from Heathrow8:50AM - 7:20PM PDTIn the air mostlySpecial Snowflake@DathBrunIf I meet you on Saturday and I hear you complain about the horrible domestic flight and time difference interstate I will be giving you the evil eye
Saturday: Touchdown9:30PM PDTLas Vegas StripPublic@DathBrunSocial Connection/ Catch up with early arrivals - I will be bleary eyed and giving the evil eye a lot (see above)
Sunday: EMC Elect Assemble10:00AM PDTS Las Vegas Blvd Las Vegas, NV 89119Meetup@DathBrun

Bring Sunscreen, Be prepared for photop, silly poses and a March on Vegas! or rather a March to nearest hotel and then cab to Wynn for Brunch Annual event!

Sunday: Devops1PM - 6:30 PM PDTVenetian D+CPublic@DathBrunCasual affair, beginners in Devops welcome. All levels catered for.
EMC World Onsite Registration3PM PDTVenetianPublic@EMCWorldBeat the crowds and the Monday rush. Register and pick up your pass. You'll be glad you did!
Sunday: Devops Happy Hour6:30PM- 8PM PDTVenetian D+CPublic@stevepknightIt's a Happy Hour! Be Happy!
@

Monday (May 4)

National Atomic Testing Mueseum tour (EMC Elect & special guests)9AM PDTNational Atomic Testing MueseumTour@DathbrunKeep in touch with me for rendevous point on Monday morning.
After party9PM PDTCircle barPublic@50muIt's open for everyone after the solution arcade has closed (or we all head to the Brocade VIP party, which is probably a better idea)
Brocade VIP Party9PMTBAPrivate@DennisMSmithBrocade EMCWorld VIP Event
Filming #EngineersUnplugged & #BizBrainsIn56PM - 9PMSolutions Expo (Cisco Booth)Public@LaurenWant to be internet famous? Ping me and I'll find you a slot to be on EngineersUnplugged (2 engineers, 1 whiteboard) or BizBrainsIn5 (5 questions for Biz brains)

Tuesday (May 5)

Filming #EngineersUnplugged & #BizBrainsIn511:30 AM - 5:30 PMSolutions Expo (Cisco Booth)Public@LaurenWant to be internet famous? Ping me and I'll find you a slot to be on EngineersUnplugged or BizBrainsIn5
Exam daythe whole day (actually from Mon-Thur)@Proven centerRegister@Proven / @EMCEducationLet's get certified!
ECN Community  Appreciation Event7-10PM PDTThe Label (Palazzo theatre entrance)Register@DathBrunSign up and make sure you register: ECN Party
Waffle Club10PM - 1AM PDTGrand Lux Cafe (Venetian)Register@Lauren

The tastiest after-party is back! Come have some noms & chat w/ our community!

Wednesday (May 6)

Filming #EngineersUnplugged & #BizBrainsIn511:30 AM - 5 PMSolutions Expo (Cisco Booth)Public@LaurenWant to be internet famous? Ping me and I'll find you a slot to be on EngineersUnplugged or BizBrainsIn5
EMC Elect Happy Hour4-5PM EDTEMC Elect LoungePrivate@DathBrunEMC Elect, Cisco Champions and VMware vExperts.
RiRA's Guinnes Pint Test6-7PM EDT
The Shoppes at Mandalay Bay Place
3930 Las Vegas Blvd S

Las Vegas, NV 89119
Experiment with Irish Stout@DathBrunMad dash to Ri Ra's at the Mandaly for a pint of the black stuff before the mad dash to the concert. one pint only. We are not staying.
After party10PM PDTPublic@50muAfter the concert we might hang out in a somewhat less noisy room
.@
@
@
@

Thursday (May 7... for some today means going home early)

Farewell dinner7PMPrivate (RSVP)@50muSome people might have left already, others will leave on Friday or Saturday. Come say hi and goodbye!
@
@
@!

Friday (May 8, For most of us go home and sleep)

Road trip8AM - 8PMBryce CanyonPrivate (RSVP)@50muIn 2012 I went to the Grand Canyon, in 2013 the Valley of Fire and last year to Zion National park. This is fun! Let's go see some sites!
Going Home10:17 AM PDTIn the air mostlySpecial Snowflake@DathBrunheading to Chicago and Tripitsays my connection is at risk.
Going home16:40 GMT -5in the air mostlySpecial Snowflake@DathBrunChicago to Heathrow (Ihope)
@
@
@!

Saturday & Sunday (GO HOME AND SLEEP)

Saturday: AA Flight from LAS-DFW-LHR-DUS11:10AM PDT - 1:05PM (Sunday) CESTIn the air mostlySpecial snowflake@50muLooong flight again. Sunday is mother's day, so I want to be home as quickly as possible.
LHR - Cork09:30 - 10:50 AM BSTin the air for a bitSpecial Snowflake@DathBrunComing Home - Storyman (formerly the Guggenheim Grotto) - YouTube