Before you can obtain and activate the trial vVNX license, you must have completed the following tasks:
- Registered to create a product support account.
- Downloaded the vVNX software.
- Installed vVNX.
- Launched Unisphere.
- Note the vVNX system UUID provided on the License dialog in the Configuration Wizard.
- Go to the Electronic License Management System (ELMS) download page at www.emc.com/auth/elmeval.htm.
- Click Obtain evaluation license for vVNX.
- Enter the vVNX system UUID and select vVNX as the product type.
- Click Download to save the license to your local system.
Note: An email confirming that you have successfully obtained the evaluation license is sent to the email address you provided when you registered.
- Return to the License dialog in the Configuration Wizard and click Install License File.
- Locate the license file, select it, and click Upload to install and activate it.
Note: Do not repeat this procedure once you have saved the license and received the confirmation email. If you try to enter the vVNX system UUID again, you will receive a "Duplicate UUID" error message.