If you're interested in learning more about , right now Education Services is offering our EMC Cloud Tiering Appliance Fundamentals for free.
EMC account login is required to access this e-Learning module.
This course provides an introduction and basic understanding of the EMC Cloud Tiering Appliance (CTA) for a policy-based file archival or migration solution. It provides a general overview of CTA terminology, features, functions, and architecture.
This course is intended for professionals who will be designing, deploying, managing and supporting the CTA.
- Ethernet and TCP/IP networking
- Basic Microsoft Windows use and file management
- Basic Unix/Linux use and file management
- Working knowledge of NAS environments specially EMC VNX for File and EMC Celerra
Upon successful completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Describe the CTA solution and its benefits
- Discuss CTA use cases
- Describe CTA theory of operations and architecture
- Identify CTA models and their differences
- Describe CTA features and functions
The content of this course is designed to support the course objectives.
- CTA Introduction
- CTA solution and benefits
- CTA use cases
- CTA Architecture Overview
- CTA and CTA/VE options
- Archiving and Recall operations
- Stub File overview
- Recall methods
- Policy overview
- File migration overview
- CTA Hardware Overview
- Hardware model comparison
- CTA/VE and CTA/VE-HA requirements
- Deployment options
- CTA Feature Overview
- Orphan File Management
- Stub recovery
- File retention
- Delayed stubbing
- Repository migration
To enroll in this free e-Learning, please click here.
To explore other free e-Learning titles, visit our Free Fundamentals e-Learning Index.