If you're interested in learning more about , right now Education Services is offering our EMC VNX Fundamentals for free.
EMC account login is required to access this e-Learning module.
This course provides an introduction to EMC VNX storage systems. It includes an overview of the VNX architecture, features, functionality, and management options.
This course is intended to be an introduction for professionals who will be positioning, designing, deploying, managing and supporting a solution using VNX. It is also suitable for anyone seeking to learn the basics of the VNX.
To understand the content and successfully complete this course, a student must have a suitable knowledgebase/skill set. The student must have an understanding of:
- Data center platforms: MS Windows; Linux/Unix; Hypervisors (VMware ESXi, MS Hyper-V)
- End-user applications commonly found in customer environments, such as file servers, databases and e-mail systems
- Basic Fiber Channel Storage Area Networks concepts
- Enterprise and SMB storage system
- RAID concepts
- General backup concepts (e.g. NDMP)
Upon successful completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Discuss the VNX solutions offered by EMC
- Identify key use cases supported by the VNX
- Summarize the product architecture
- List hardware and software options
- Describe features and their functionality
- Describe management options and capabilities
The content of this course is designed to support the course objectives.
- Module 1: VNX Introduction
- Module 2: VNX Architecture
- Module 3: VNX Features and Capabilities
- Feature Packs and Suites
- High Availability Features
- Storage Efficiency Features
- Performance Features
- Local Protection Features
- Remote Protection Features
- Additional Features
- Module 4: VNX Management Overview
- VNX Management Options
- Tools for Virtualized and Application Environments
To enroll in this free e-Learning, please click here.
To explore other free e-Learning titles, visit our Free Fundamentals e-Learning Index.