Welcome to the EMC Isilon Uptime Information Hub. Here you can find technical information about Isilon products, how to protect your data and maintain a healthy OneFs cluster to maximize uptime, and related real-world solutions.
- Recommended Target Code versions of OneFS
- Latest drive and node firmware releases
- Welcome message
- OneFS MRs and how we drive continuous improvement with quality assurance
- Comprehensive list of Isilon blog posts, latest KBs, and whitepapers
Couldn't find the information that you were looking for, or have suggestions for improving this page? Let us know! We're eager to help. You can add a comment below or complete this brief survey.
- Current Isilon Software Releases
- OneFS Upgrade Planning and Process Guide
- Current Isilon OneFS Patches (requires login to EMC Online Support)
- EMC Technical Advisories (ETAs) (requires login to EMC Online Support)
- EMC Security Advisories (ESAs) (requires login to EMC Online Support)
- To subscribe to ETAs, ESAs, and other product notifications, see the following video.
- Search Isilon OneFS on Online Support (requires login)
- Accessing a SmartConnect zone using both IPV4 and IPV6 clients NEW!
- Using multiple IP addresses with dynamic SmartConnect zones
- Top tips every admin should know to keep their Isilon cluster healthy
- Important considerations when upgrading your Isilon OneFS cluster
- Advanced troubleshooting of an Isilon OneFS cluster
- Isilon OneFS performance monitoring
- Fundamentals of locks and locking
- Tips when deploying scripts on OneFS clusters
- What to consider when planning a cluster relocation
- Reducing the risk of data loss due to an improper cluster shutdown
- Isilon OneFS cluster optimization through capacity management
- Reducing SMB client impacts during cluster events
- Remote management of Isilon clusters
- Understanding the OneFS Job Engine
- OneFS Tips - Use SMB share name expansion for multiple users
- Best practices for working with snapshots
- Starting and stopping OneFS authentication processes
- Data erasure and SED drives
- Using the Isilon OneFS isi_auth_expert command to manage authentication issues
- Committing a file to WORM in a SmartLock-enabled Isilon OneFS cluster
- Running OneFS in NANON and NANOAN configurations
- Using Kapacitor to generate alerts for an Isilon OneFS cluster
EMC Isilon recommends the following versions of OneFS as Target Code. A OneFS release is designated as Target Code after it satisfies specific criteria, which includes production time in the field, deployments across all support node platforms, and other quality metrics. To ensure that your clusters are running the most stable and reliable version of OneFS, upgrade to the latest Target Code available for the OneFS family that meets your business needs. For more information, read Current Isilon Software Releases.
|Target Code Version|
of Target Code***
# of Customers
|# of Clusters |
on Target Code
|% of Clusters|
on Target Code**
|% of Clusters|
by OneFS Family
|OneFS 8.0.0||220.127.116.11||12/04/2017||TBA||> 1,000||> 1,000||19.68%||45.82%||Release Notes|
|1/04/2017||TBA||> 100||> 100||12.03%||17.03%||Release Notes|
|12/21/2015||TBA||> 100||> 100||21.01%||6.65%|
(unified format includes MR Release Notes)
|12/16/2015||TBA||> 100||> 100||15.50%||7.18%|
Release Notes (unified format includes MR Release Notes)
|OneFS 7.1.0||18.104.22.168||11/19/2014||TBA||< 100||< 100||25.93%||2.31%||MR Release Notes|
|OneFS 7.0.2*||22.214.171.124||10/22/2014||11/30/2015||< 100||< 100||4.55%||2.03%||MR Release Notes|
* End of Service Life (EOSL) dates have been announced for OneFS 6.5 and OneFS 7.0.2. For more information about these dates, see the Isilon Product Availability Guide.
** This represents the % cluster adoption by target code branch versus the next column, which is the % cluster adoption by OneFS family.
*** This is the date when this maintenance release (MR) became generally available (GA).
|Firmware Package Type||Version||Release Date||Release Notes|
|Drive Firmware Package||1.18||4/13/2017||Release Notes|
|Drive Support Package NEW!||1.24||6/21/2018||Release Notes|
|Node Firmware Package NEW!||10.1.6||5/31/2018||Release Notes|
Supportability and Compatibility Content