Welcome to the EMC Isilon Uptime Information Hub. Here you can find technical information about Isilon products, how to protect your data and maintain a healthy OneFs cluster to maximize uptime, and related real-world solutions.
- Latest software releases
- Latest drive and node firmware releases
- Welcome message
- OneFS MRs and how we drive continuous improvement with quality assurance
- Comprehensive list of Isilon blog posts, latest knowledge base articles, and whitepapers
Couldn't find the information that you were looking for, or have suggestions for improving this page? Let us know! We're eager to help. You can add a comment below or complete this brief survey.
- Current Isilon Software Releases
- OneFS Upgrade Planning and Process Guide
- Current Isilon OneFS Patches (requires login to EMC Online Support)
- Dell EMC Technical Advisories (DTAs) (requires login to EMC Online Support)
- Dell EMC Security Advisories (DSAs) (requires login to EMC Online Support)
- To subscribe to DTAs, DSAs, and other product notifications, see the following video.
- Search Isilon OneFS on Online Support (requires login)
- Isilon OneFS 8.0+: Top tips every admin should know to keep their Isilon cluster healthy
- Accessing a SmartConnect zone using both IPV4 and IPV6 clients
- Using multiple IP addresses with dynamic SmartConnect zones
- Top tips every admin should know to keep their Isilon cluster healthy
- Important considerations when upgrading your Isilon OneFS cluster
- Advanced troubleshooting of an Isilon OneFS cluster
- Isilon OneFS performance monitoring
- Fundamentals of locks and locking
- Tips when deploying scripts on OneFS clusters
- What to consider when planning a cluster relocation
- Reducing the risk of data loss due to an improper cluster shutdown
- Isilon OneFS cluster optimization through capacity management
- Reducing SMB client impacts during cluster events
- Remote management of Isilon clusters
- Understanding the OneFS Job Engine
- OneFS Tips - Use SMB share name expansion for multiple users
- Best practices for working with snapshots
- Starting and stopping OneFS authentication processes
- Data erasure and SED drives
- Using the Isilon OneFS isi_auth_expert command to manage authentication issues
- Committing a file to WORM in a SmartLock-enabled Isilon OneFS cluster
- Running OneFS in NANON and NANOAN configurations
- Using Kapacitor to generate alerts for an Isilon OneFS cluster
To ensure that your clusters are running the most stable and reliable version, upgrade to the latest version of OneFS for the OneFS family that meets your business needs.
A OneFS release can be installed into any production environment with hardware that supports this version. For OneFS and node compatibility information, see the Isilon Supportability and Compatibility Guide and Current Isilon Software Releases documents for details.
Target code applies only to OneFS 8.0.0 and earlier releases and represents the minimum OneFS release recommendations for those earlier releases. The Target Code designation indicates that those earlier releases satisfy specific quality criteria, such as production time in the field and deployments across all supported node platforms. Releases later than OneFS 8.0.0 satisfy those criteria and are designated Ready to Ship (RTS). When considering which OneFS version to adopt, be sure to review your business needs with your Dell account representative. You may also want to install a later version of OneFS to take advantage of new or improved functionality.
See the Current Isilon Software Releases document for more details on the following firmware releases:
|Firmware Package Type||Version||Release Date||Release Notes|
|Drive Firmware Package||1.18||4/13/2017||Release Notes|
|Drive Support Package NEW!||1.30||6/25/2019||Release Notes|
Node Firmware Package NEW!
Note: Only update firmware with 10.3.0 if your cluster contains Generation 5 or Generation 6 hardware. If your cluster doesn't contain Generation 5 or Generation 6 hardware, update your firmware with the 9.3.5 Node Firmware Package.
Supportability and Compatibility Content