|First Published:||May 2014|
|Desktop Type(s):||PVS or MCS|
|Hypervisor:||VMware vSphere 5.5|
|Storage Type:||VNXe 3200|
|Target # of Desktops:||125, 250, 375, and up to 500|
This set of documents describes the high level steps required to design and deploy an EMC® VSPEX® End-User Computing Solution for up to 500 virtual desktops with Xitrix XenDesktop 7.1 and VMware vSphere enabled by EMC VNXe3200® storage.
This Reference Architecture validates the performance of the solution and provides guidelines to build similar solutions. This document is not intended to be a comprehensive guide to every aspect of this solution.
Business applications are becoming more integrated into consolidated compute, network, and storage environments. This VSPEX End-User Computing solution reduces the complexity of configuring every component of a traditional deployment model. The solution reduces the complexity of integration management while maintaining application design and implementation options. It also provides unified administration, while enabling adequate control and monitoring of process separation.
The business benefits of the VSPEX end-user computing solution for Citrix XenDesktop 7.1 include:
- An end to end virtualization solution to utilize the capabilities of the unified infrastructure components
- Efficient virtualization of up to 500 virtual desktops for varied customer use cases
- Reliable, flexible, and scalable reference architectures
- Design Guide: http://www.emc.com/collateral/technical-documentation/h13001-vspex-xd7.1-vsphere-vnxe-500-dg.pdf
- Implementation Guide: http://www.emc.com/collateral/technical-documentation/h13008-vspex-xd7.1-vsphere-vnxe-500-ig.pdf
- Design Guide
- Implementation Guide
(Document attachments are done to ensure that the collateral referenced in this post survive any changes to the original links. As documents are updated from time to time, the best practice should be to use the original document links, however, they are also attached directly to ensure longevity of the link)