|First Published:||February 2014|
|Broker:||Horizon View 5.3|
|Desktop Type(s):||Linked Clones|
|Hypervisor:||VMware vSphere ESX|
|Storage Type:||VNX 5200 |
|Target # of Desktops:||Up to 2000|
This set of documents describes the high level steps required to design and deploy an EMC® VSPEX® End-User Computing Solution for up to 2000 users with VMware Horizon View and VMware vSphere enabled by EMC next-generation VNX® storage.
This set of documents provides information and considerations for sizing and deploying an EUC solution on the latest VNX 5200, VNX 5400, and VNX 5600 series arrays. These next-generation VNX arrays include many features and enhancements designed and built upon the first generation's success. These features include:
- More capacity with:
- multicore optimization
- multicore cache
- multicore RAID
- multicore FAST Cache (MCx™)
- Greater efficiency with a flash-optimized hybrid array
- Better protection by increasing application availability with active/active
- Easier administration and deployment with the new Unisphere® Management Suite.
All of these features and more help enhance the desktop experience for both users and administrators.
|Design Guide||Infrastructure Guide|
- Design Guide: http://www.emc.com/collateral/technical-documentation/h12640-vspex-euc-view-vsphere-vnx2-dg.pdf
- Infrastructure Guide: http://www.emc.com/collateral/technical-documentation/h12639-vspex-euc-view-vsphere-vnx2-ig.pdf
- Design Guide
- Infrastructure Guide
(Document attachments are done to ensure that the collateral referenced in this post survive any changes to the original links. As documents are updated from time to time, the best practice should be to use the original document links, however, they are also attached directly to ensure longevity of the link)